Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Guided Math: Differentiate Your Math Instruction Using Small Groups, Math Journals, Centers, and Whole Group Strategies (Grades K-2)
Presented by Lindsey Shannon
Specifically Designed for Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, and Other Educators Teaching Math in Grades K-2
- Practical strategies for more effectively planning, implementing, managing, and sustaining differentiated guided math groups
- Rigorous instructional strategies aligned to your state standards you can implement immediately to increase student achievement in math … Proven ideas for in-person, online and hybrid learning environments
- Engaging, easy-to-implement math centers and independent math tasks to enhance all students' math skills while you work with small groups
- Receive an extensive guided math digital resource handbook filled with dozens of innovative guided math strategies, math journal tasks and center and independent work ideas for in-person and online learning
Practical Ideas and Strategies
If you are looking for practical, proven strategies to more effectively meet the diverse needs of your students, this is a seminar you won't want to miss! In this engaging, interactive seminar, Lindsey Shannon, an experienced math teacher and math coach will share a variety of practical ways to more effectively differentiate your math instruction using guided math groups to enhance each learner's math achievement. During this seminar, you will discover a wealth of ideas for creating, planning, organizing, and maintaining your guided math groups. Lindsey will explore in depth how to use a balanced approach while incorporating guided math, using mini-lessons, math journals, independent work stations, centers, and summarizing activities to effectively meet the needs of each of your math learners.
Don't miss this unique opportunity to participate in an interactive, high-energy seminar that will leave you with strategies and ideas you can use immediately, whether your instruction is in-person or online.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Differentiate Your Math Instruction to Better Meet the Needs of All Your Learners In-Person and Online
See how guided math groups can more effectively differentiate your instruction for your diverse learners, while molding confident and competent critical thinkers
- Engage Your Students in a Practical, Meaningful, Balanced Mathematics Framework
Learn how to implement a realistic, balanced mathematics balanced framework that will maximize your instructional time and enhance student engagement and achievement in-person and online
- Learn Practical, Research-Based Math Strategies to Enhance Student Achievement in Mathematics In-Person and Online
Discover meaningful, student-centered instructional strategies and ideas to effectively implement differentiated guided math groups in your classroom to build your students' conceptual understanding, while holding them accountable for their learning
- Utilize a Variety of Formative Assessments to Better Know Your Students Mathematically
Explore easy-to-implement formative assessments that enable you to know your students' true achievement in mathematics … Make real-time changes in your teaching to ensure you are meeting your students where they are
- Implement Hands-On Mini-Lessons to Promote Increased Student Understanding
Learn how to implement brief, practical mini-lessons before each guided math lesson … Discover ways to model your thinking and hook students with engaging strategies
- Integrate Various Technology Tools and Apps During Guided Math Groups
Explore various student-centered guided math activities that use manipulatives to build students' conceptual understanding … Engaging ideas to involve your students in the learning process as they make sense of the mathematics
- Implement Rigorous Math Journal Tasks to Enhance Problem-Solving Skills
Explore various differentiated, open-ended math journal tasks to promote students' mathematical achievement and enhance their writing skills … Better prepare your grades K-2 students for constructed response assessment questions
- Integrate Meaningful Math Games and Centers
Learn ways to transform the math content students are learning into engaging, student-centered games … Practical, ready-to-play games are perfect for your small groups as well as for cooperative centers around the classroom
- Discover Practical Ways to Use Student Goal Setting and Accountability Sheets
Explore a variety of differentiated number sense activities that can easily be implemented throughout your guided math block … Engaging ideas to involve your students in the learning process as they make sense of the mathematics
- Better Organize Your Differentiated Guided Math Tasks and Activities
Discover simple, cost-friendly ways to organize and store your guided math tasks and activities … No more frantically searching your room
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- A realistic, balanced guided math framework to support you in differentiating math instruction in grades K-2, in-person and online
- How to better organize your math block and create a student-centered guided math classroom
- Rigorous math centers and work stations that address your state standards
- How to more effectively integrate differentiated math tasks that promote the 8 Standards of Mathematical Practice
- Relevant, ready-to-use formative assessments that will drive your guided math instruction in-person and online
- Realistic ways to incorporate student goal setting and accountability to personalize learning for all of your diverse learners
- Highly effective ways to use guided math groups to preview, teach and re-teach the math your students need to learn
- Student-directed accountability tips for ensuring students are on-task and held accountable for their learning
- Engaging, easy tips and techniques to implement for those students that finish their work early
- Innovative technology tools to engage all learners while meeting your students where they are
- Numerous open-ended, differentiated math journal tasks that will promote students' writing and problem-solving skills
- Hands-on mini-lesson ideas to model your thinking and get your students hooked on the learning
- Manageable ways to better meet the needs of your students through guided math groups
- Practical and budget-friendly ways to organize your differentiated math centers and activities
- Successful daily routines for making best use of guided math in your classroom
- Proven strategies to increase student math achievement in grades K-2, in-person and online
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Have you ever wondered if all of your students really understood the math concepts you are teaching? Each of our students think about math differently and require different tools and strategies to build their conceptual understanding. In my role as a classroom teacher and math coach, I have faced this same challenge. I have found that through the use of guided math groups and differentiated instruction I have been able to truly meet the needs of my diverse learners while building their confidence and competence.
I have designed this seminar to help you learn how to more effectively use guided math groups as a way to differentiate instruction. I will share with you practical formative assessments that will support you in creating appropriately differentiated work for your students. You will leave this seminar ready to implement differentiated, meaningful math tasks, such as math journals, centers and independent work activities in your classrooms to engage, remediate and enrich all of your students' mathematical learning.
All of the strategies and tasks I will share with you at the seminar have been successfully implemented in my classroom and in other classrooms where I have worked as a math coach. They are rigorous, highly practical and proven to increase student achievement. Whether your instruction is in-person, online or in a hybrid learning environment, you'll leave this seminar with a variety of meaningful, engaging activities you can use immediately with your students.
Please join me for an exciting day of learning that will support you in enhancing your students' mathematical achievement!
P.S. You will leave this seminar motivated, equipped and confident in implementing guided math groups in your classroom. In addition, you will receive an extensive digital resource handbook full of all the ready-to-use strategies and tasks I will share throughout the seminar.
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, Administrators, and Other Educators Teaching Math in Grades K-2
Special Benefits of Attending
You'll Receive an Extensive Guided Math Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Key ideas and specific strategies for setting up, organizing, managing, and maintaining differentiated guided math groups
- Ready-to-use formative assessments to empower you to know your students mathematically, while making real-time changes in your teaching in-person and online
- Practical lesson plan templates that will enable you to effectively plan for differentiated instruction
- A variety of differentiated math journal tasks to enhance your students' writing, reasoning and problem-solving skills
- Tips and ideas for utilizing an assortment of manipulatives to build your students' conceptual understanding
- Highly practical, innovative ideas for math center activities and independent math tasks that provide rigorous, engaging, student-centered practice for your students
Lindsey Shannon will be available to answer questions regarding the unique needs of your own math program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.