Practical Strategies to DIFFERENTIATE MATH INSTRUCTION: Actively Engage All Your Students
Presented by Mary Peterson
Specifically Designed for Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, and Other Educators Teaching Mathematics in Grades 3-8
- Practical strategies to differentiate your math instruction to help meet the needs of all learners – from the struggling to the high-achieving
- Differentiated instructional strategies that will improve student participation and increase time-on-task at each student’s skill level
- Motivating, easy-to-implement small group and math learning center ideas that can be used to teach and reinforce math skills
- Discover a variety of motivating iPad® apps and engaging websites to help students master math skills
- Research-based guided math strategies aligned with the Common Core State Standards
- Receive an extensive resource handbook filled with differentiated instructional strategies to strengthen the math skills of all your grades 3-8 students
iPad® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Students in grades 3-8 need differentiated math instruction to maximize their math skills, but how do teachers plan and organize for differentiated math instruction? This outstanding, NEW seminar has been designed to help you answer this key question. Mary Peterson will demonstrate and explain practical organizational systems, assessment practices and time-efficient monitoring strategies that you can easily adapt and apply to your current math program.
Throughout the day she will share a wealth of math ideas for math learning stations that actively engage students while you work with small, guided math groups to reteach, reinforce or extend math skills. Most importantly, you will leave this seminar with a toolbox filled with ideas and strategies to differentiate your math instruction in order to increase achievement for all your students.
You will also receive an extensive resource handbook with timesaving ideas proven to maximize your effectiveness in meeting diverse student needs or accelerate their math skills.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Practical DIFFERENTIATED STRATEGIES to Strengthen Your Current Math Program
Discover how to keep your students actively engaged in a wide variety of math activities while you work with small groups to reinforce, reteach or go beyond the math skills your students need to learn … Ideal activities to support the Common Core State Standards
- Take Differentiated Math Instruction to the Next Level
New and innovative ways to organize, manage and maximize the effectiveness of a differentiated approach to teaching math … Ideas you can easily incorporate into your current math program
- Practical GUIDED MATH STRATEGIES to Differentiate Your Instruction
Learn innovative and easy ways to incorporate guided math strategies to build and strengthen student math achievement … Ideas that will help your struggling students and your students who need math enrichment
- Increase Your Students’ Word Problem-Solving Skills with Strategies from Singapore
A wealth of practical ideas to increase your students’ abilities to solve a variety of word problems … How to use model drawing to enhance mathematical thinking and solve word problems
- Incorporate iPad Apps into Your Math Instruction
Discover iPad apps to help students learn independently … Apps for helping students learn, retain and apply math skills
- New Ways to Use Math Learning Stations: Keep the Rest of Your Class On-Task While You Work with Math Groups
Highly effective tips, tools and ready-to-use ideas for powerful math stations … How to keep the rest of the class working independently and productively so you can work with small groups
- Ensure Students Meet Math Expectations by Differentiating Your Instruction Effectively and Efficiently
See how guided math groups make it easier to meet the diverse needs of your students … Specific, manageable techniques to ensure that each student works at their appropriate level
- Assessing and Monitoring Strategies
Discover assessment practices and time-efficient monitoring strategies that you can easily adapt and apply to your current math program … How to use assessment to differentiate instruction
- Design Activities to Help Students Understand Math Concepts at a Deeper Level
Help your students become more thoughtful when engaged in math problem solving … Dozens of valuable ideas for creating a deeper understanding of key math concepts
- Practical Strategies to Organize and Manage Your Classroom for Easier Differentiated Instruction
Successful classroom management tips and ideas for setting up and managing routines and procedures that support a highly effective differentiated math classroom … Ways to work smarter, not harder
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Highly effective differentiation strategies to teach, reinforce and extend all your students’ learning and ensure their success in math
- Classroom-proven strategies to organize, implement and manage math learning stations perfect for grades 3-8
- Tips and techniques to make the most of your valuable math instructional time and support the Common Core State Standards
- iPad apps and websites to help students retain and apply math concepts
- Practical ways to identify and support your students who need extra help in math
- Easy-to-implement learning center activities that will get students excited about using math
- Hands-on math activities to get all students participating in math
- Strategies to improve word problem-solving skills
- Proven strategies for differentiated math learning stations that reinforce student learning
- How to take differentiation to the next level for greater student success
- Flexible strategies to meet the diverse needs and abilities of your students in guided math groups
- How to get even your most reluctant students engaged in math
- Proven strategies to support each student’s ability to communicate math ideas
- Make-and-take math projects you can use immediately with your students
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Meeting the diverse math needs of our students in grades 3-8 is a major challenge. Have you ever wondered how to meet these varying needs and make sure every student is engaged and working to their full potential? Join me as I share current, best differentiation techniques proven to maximize math achievement for all your students from the struggling to the more advanced.
You will learn how to develop, set-up and introduce guided math as a way to differentiate instruction. I will cover easy and effective ways to incorporate math learning stations that keep the rest of your students engaged independently while you work with small groups. These activities are designed to reinforce math skills as well as challenge and motivate all students.
You will receive dozens of differentiation ideas and strategies, all supporting the Common Core State Standards, to help you maximize the effectiveness of your current math program. Included will be a wealth of innovative, real-life math experiences, guided lessons, assessment practices, and model drawing techniques for math problem solving. In addition, you will learn tried-and-tested management techniques to implement math learning stations and guided math.
Please join me and other math teachers for a day of highly practical strategies for differentiating your math instruction. Several student math projects and activities will be on display so you can take pictures!
P.S. If you want practical math ideas that you can use immediately in your own classroom to meet the diverse needs of your students, this seminar is for you!
Who Should Attend
Designed for Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, and other Educators Teaching Mathematics in Grades 3-8.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- A wealth of practical, ready-to-use strategies to increase students’ math achievement
- Dozens of ways to easily provide powerful, differentiated math instruction that will enhance your existing program
- iPad apps, games, activities, lesson plans, and copy-ready pages for immediate use
- Easy-to-implement ideas for math learning stations that involve all students
- Activities that generate active participation and promote learning across the math strands
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their grades 3-8 math program.
Mary Peterson will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your math program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.