Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
DISTANCE LEARNING: Strengthening Your Online MATH INSTRUCTION (Grades 1-5)
Presented by Deborah Allen Wirth
Designed Specifically for Grades 1-5 Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, and Other Educators Teaching Math Online in Grades 1-5
- Significantly increase student learning and engagement while working with your students online
- Utilize free and easy-to-use web-based tools and resources to successfully teach your mathematics distance learning lessons
- Discover timesaving ways to organize distance learning in mathematics while maintaining your sanity
- Receive an extensive digital elementary mathematics distance learning resource handbook with hyperlinks so you can immediately link to all the resources presented in the seminar!
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Join Deborah Allen Wirth in this NEW strategy-packed seminar designed specifically with grades 1-5 distance learning MATHEMATICS teachers in mind. During this energetic day, you will discover easy-to-implement techniques and practical strategies to better teach math online and enhance your existing mathematics program.
Regardless of whether your instruction is delivered through a traditional setting, distance learning or a hybrid model, you will learn new ways to utilize technology and strategies to improve student engagement and increase academic learning. Additionally, you will strengthen your repertoire of differentiation techniques without adding to your workload. A wealth of ideas will be shared which you may use immediately to enhance your online math instruction.
At your fingertips will be an extensive digital handbook containing all the hyperlinks to materials, websites, and resources used throughout the day.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Effectively Connect with ALL of Your Students During Math Distance Learning
Specific strategies for engaging the full range of students in your online classroom … Enrich, engage and support every student – from highly capable to struggling – using teacher-friendly, tech-based differentiation strategies
- Increase Authentic Parent Communication and Family Connections
Expand your repertoire of powerful daily math activities, tasks and routines that unite the home-school connection and reinforce critical math skills at home
- Strengthen Independent Practice
Learn fun and engaging hands-on math activities and modeled lessons that lead to more independent practice of important math concepts and skills
- Get Hands-On with Free Math Apps and Activities
Experience the myriad ways free apps and activities can be used to provide rigorous, engaging instruction in elementary math online classes
- Increase the Engagement of Elementary Mathematics Students
Improve your students' math understanding through novelty, high-interest online work … Increase student engagement and motivation in math using the power of technology
- Utilize Timesaving Instructional Techniques for Distance Learning in Math
Use teacher-friendly distance learning strategies that tap into your students' interests and strengths … Enhance your focus on key objectives that make online assessments easier and less time consuming for busy teachers
- Utilize Powerful Technology Tools … FREE and EASY-TO-USE
Explore a menu of free, easy-to-use motivating technology tools that enhance mathematics instruction, ideal for distance learning
- Save Time on Grading
Increase the depth and frequency of feedback while ensuring accurate assessments while reducing time spent grading
- Increase Student Math Learning
Effective strategies that enable students to stay "tuned in" to their own learning whether they are learning in-person or in a virtual setting
- Receive an Extensive Digital Handbook Filled with Math Resources and Strategies
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with resources and ready-to-use strategies for teaching math in a Distance Learning format
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Timesaving tips and tools to make your math teaching life easier
- Activities, tasks and routines that make the most of distance learning experience with your mathematicians
- Ready-to-use brain breaks you can incorporate into your online math lessons
- Distance Learning Behavior Management techniques for your online math class
- A wealth of ways to fully engage your math students in productive collaborative learning
- Valuable ways to maximize student voice for increased engagement and learning in this new virtual world
- Work smarter, not harder … Tips for organizing your distance learning mathematics classroom
- A wealth of differentiated independent activities for students to work on independently while working with small groups
- Highly effective, fun ways to encourage collaboration, discussion, and engagement in your elementary mathematics classroom
- Discover a wealth of free resources … Learn new ways to use them to strengthen your online mathematics instruction
- Highly practical methods for meeting the needs of all levels of mathematicians
- Real-time student assessment utilizing teacher-tested data gathering methods
- Resources for more dynamic math activities
- Tips for saving valuable preparation and implementation time
- The best apps and websites to differentiate math instruction to better meet the needs of both struggling and gifted math students, as well as those in the middle
- A wealth of ways to fully engage your math students in productive collaborative learning
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Teaching math in our new distance learning environment makes our job more challenging than ever before. Like you, I quickly adapted my practices for the digital environment in which we now live. Although this pandemic will, hopefully, become a memory of our past, there will be no "going back to normal" for educators anytime soon. The shutdowns of March 2020 left many of us scurrying to deliver meaningful instruction to elementary students. Yet, this unfortunate situation began a resurrection of engaging and effective online resources and tools to benefit both teachers and students. Elementary educators are becoming even more adept to better serve their students in a digital world.
This Distance Learning in the Elementary Mathematics seminar will provide the framework and resources so you CAN meet the varying needs of your students, plan easier and make learning more engaging and exciting for students! You will learn how to successfully develop, set up and introduce guided math to differentiate instruction in the mathematics realm. I will share a wealth of free resources to use for your mathematics instruction. This seminar will also allow you to discover ways to find the time needed to work with individuals and small groups through the use of practical, standards-based digital centers that will actively engage, challenge and meet the needs of all students regardless of whether you are fully online, hybrid, or back in a brick and mortar building.
As math teachers, we work hard to provide engaging, useful work that will challenge students at all levels of learning. The strategies and practices shared in this seminar will help us do just that! All activities are tested and practical. You will leave with an array of ideas and activities you can use the next day in your online learning environment. You will also have the opportunity to see how your current math curriculum and materials may be used to provide meaningful, differentiated learning structures for your students. This high energy seminar will get your students, their parents and you more motivated and more excited about distance learning in mathematics!
Deborah Allen Wirth
P.S. You will receive an extensive digital resource handbook written specifically for this seminar. It is filled with all the strategies and ideas we'll discuss during our day together.
Who Should Attend
Grades 1-5 Classroom Teachers, Title I Staff, Special Education Staff, Math Specialists, and Other Educators Teaching Math Online in Grades 1-5
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with resources and strategies for teaching math in a distance learning format. The digital handbook is ready for instant download to your desktop for easy reference and includes:
- Organization techniques to work smarter not harder in the distance learning classroom
- Classroom-tested strategies adapted for effective online math instruction
- Guidelines and examples for differentiating whole group and small group instruction
- Hyperlinks to digital resources to ease the virtual teaching load
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their online math instruction.
Deb Wirth will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.