Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Strengthen Students' MINDFULNESS: Increase Your Students' Self-Control While Reducing Anxiety and Challenging Behaviors
Presented by MaryAnn Brittingham
Specifically Designed for Classroom Teachers, Counselors, Instructional Specialists and Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators Serving Grades K-12
- Incorporate MINDFULNESS strategies and activities to better focus students’ attention, regulate emotions and reduce anxiety that can cause challenging behaviors
- Practical strategies for helping your students develop the social and emotional skills to increase learning and productive behavior
- Help students better manage personal frustrations, reduce anxiety and impulsive behaviors … work constructively toward personal and academic goals
- Why MINDFULNESS is so relevant and how it will greatly benefit all your students
Practical Ideas and Strategies
You’ve heard of MINDFULNESS but are wondering how you can incorporate mindfulness practices into your already busy school day in ways that will actually make a difference for you and your students. Join outstanding and motivating national speaker, MaryAnn Brittingham, in this NEW, full-day, idea-packed seminar that focuses on practical and doable strategies to increase your students’ mindfulness to help them find greater school success. Many challenging and disruptive behaviors are caused by lack of awareness and understanding of how the brain works.
Once we teach students mindfulness practices, they will be better equipped to self-regulate, recognize and handle the emotions that cause the behaviors that get them in trouble in class and socially. In addition, these mindfulness practices will enhance students’ ability to focus during instruction, which can result in higher achievement. You won’t want to miss this opportunity to gain innovative and new ways to reduce challenging behaviors that get in the way of your teaching and students’ learning.
You will leave with numerous strategies to teach students to be more aware of their emotions, reactions and frustrations that impact their ability to focus and increase learning and success in school.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Why MINDFULNESS is So Relevant Today and How it Will Greatly Benefit ALL Your Students
Discover the key benefits of mindfulness and how it can make a significant difference for you and your students … Gain a clearer understanding of what mindfulness is and isn’t
- MINDFULNESS Strategies to Reduce Anxiety and Anger
Learn mindfulness practices that will help your students increase self-reflection and self-calming in difficult situations … Decrease anxiety so students feel safe and focus on instruction and learning
- Understand and Apply the Neurobiology of MINDFULNESS
Become familiar with the key parts of the brain involved in thinking and learning both academically and emotionally … Become better equipped to teach your students about how their brains work
- Decrease Disruptive Behaviors That Can be Caused by a Lack of MINDFULNESS
Address disruptive student behavior caused by negative emotions that surface when students feel threatened … Ideas you can use immediately
- How to Help Students Respond Rather than React
Many challenging behaviors we see in school are caused by students’ immediate reactions … Teach them the replacement strategies to respond in more productive ways that are not combative and defensive and don’t get them in trouble
- Teach Students to Choose Optimism
Many students can’t get past negative self-talk as well as negative attitudes about seemingly everything … How you can help them to see and act on the positive and choose optimism
- Simple Ways to Demonstrate the Mind-Body Connection
Teaching mindfulness and the brain clearly shows students the importance of the connection between the “upstairs and downstairs brain”
- Create Mindful Moments Throughout the Day
Learn the little changes that leave big impressions…Help your students feel more connected and in control of themselves … Learn the quick and doable things you can do during the day to help cement students’ learning and application of mindfulness
- Strategies to Develop Students’ Capacity to Pay Attention
Ideas to improve your students’ attention and then apply those skills to your instruction and their school work
- Incorporate MINDFULNESS Activities to Better Focus Students’ Attention, Regulate Emotions and Reduce Stress
Learn practical ways to incorporate mindfulness activities into your classroom to help students better focus their attention, regulate their emotions and reduce personal stress
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Learn the key benefits of practicing MINDFULNESS and how it can make a significant difference in all your students’ success in school
- Practical mindfulness strategies to decrease student anxiety and challenging behaviors
- Ideas to teach students how to pay attention and maintain on-task behavior
- Discover healthy ways to reduce anxiety and stress in difficult situations
- Teach the skill of responding rather than reacting
- Combine mindfulness with physical movements to help monitor physical and mental states
- Incorporate mindfulness interventions into IEPs or behavior plans to address anxiety that can counter automatic negative thought patterns
- How mindfulness will help students feel more connected to themselves, their surroundings and their peers
- Strategies that teach students to be aware of and responsible for their own emotions and behavior
- Improve students’ executive function skills to override emotional reactivity
- Realistic and doable ways to incorporate daily mindful moments and practice focused awareness
- Practical and doable ways to create a safe and trusting classroom environment
- How mindfulness practices can create positive emotional states that increase learning
- Be more familiar with and ready to teach students the key parts of the brain involved in thinking and learning
- Retention-building strategies you can use immediately
- How to help students choose optimism and the significant difference it makes in learning
- Equip students with perspective-taking strategies that help them identify others’ perspectives to build tolerance and compassion
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
When you ask someone to name a person who has had a lasting impact on their life, it is often a teacher whom they felt respected them and took an interest in helping them see their potential. This is a powerful opportunity we, as educators, have to make a meaningful and lasting impact on young lives. But students are changing and are coming to school less prepared, more anxious, less able to focus, unmotivated, and unable to see the value of school in their own lives. All of these can cause difficult behaviors that make teaching less rewarding and more challenging. A practical and real solution to some of these critical issues is to incorporate mindfulness practices into our daily routines to help students become aware of their emotions and begin to increase self-control, attention and emotional regulation that will help them be more successful students. This seminar is all about how to do just that!
This strategy-packed day will cover dozens of strategies, ideas and activities you can use to teach mindfulness in ways that will make a significant difference for your students. These strategies will help students strengthen the connectivity between areas of the brain that support attention and concentration, thus weakening the amygdala’s capacity to hijack the thinking parts of the brain when in an anxious or stressed state. With this awareness, it is easy to see how mindfulness and self-regulation can translate into improved learning. This is true for all of students, but especially the most vulnerable ones.
For our students who have difficulty dealing with negative emotions, fear and anger can hit them unexpectedly. Without a plan for dealing with these feelings, they can be thrown off and may react negatively. Teaching them how their brain works and how to put mindfulness practices into action will help them make better decisions. In addition, students can learn to regain access to their executive functions even when in a stressed or anxious state.
I hope you will join me and your colleagues for an action-packed, motivating day that will equip you with strategies and the inspiration to make mindfulness a part of your everyday teaching in order to increase your students’ school success!
P.S. The focus of this seminar will be on key, practical strategies to decrease student anxiety and challenging behaviors using mindfulness practices.
Who Should Attend
Classroom Teachers, Counselors, Instructional Specialists and Coaches, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Behavior Intervention Specialists, Instructional Assistants, and Administrators Serving Grades K-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Understanding and managing negative emotions
- Stress and the brain: understanding the amygdala flip and what to do about it
- Activities to do with students on mindful awareness, mindful listening, perspective taking, choosing optimism, and expressing gratitude
- Strategies for calming the Monkey Mind
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in increasing their students’ attention span and emotional regulation by incorporating mindfulness strategies.
MaryAnn Brittingham will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.