A Powerful Breakthrough for STRUGGLING READERS: Classroom Interventions for Fast Results (Grades K-5)
Presented by Sharon Zinke
Specifically Designed for Grades K-5: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants, Interventionists, and Administrators
- Practical intervention strategies you can use tomorrow to achieve fast results for your struggling readers
- Learn a proven approach to significantly increase the decoding skills of struggling readers
- Powerful, practical ideas and suggestions to target specific learning needs of struggling readers using a range of support options
- Demonstrations, videos and an extensive resource handbook to assist you in incorporating highly effective interventions with struggling readers
Practical Ideas and Strategies
What if every student in your elementary school could enter middle school with strong enough reading skills to participate fully and powerfully in all of their academic classes? What if you started each school year with the knowledge that you could provide each of your struggling readers with the instruction they need to catch up with their peers during their year with you?
In this unique seminar, intervention specialist and author, Sharon Zinke, will share highly effective strategies that can make a significant improvement in the decoding and comprehension skills of your struggling readers. The strategies in this seminar will address your state standards using targeted, scaffolded lessons that can be implemented in small groups or with your whole class. Your struggling readers will be amazed at their immediate success and fast progress, and so will you!
You’ll leave with an extensive resource handbook that will support you in immediately implementing these powerful strategies in your own classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Learn Key Strategies that Can Rapidly Make a Significant Difference for Your Readers Who Have Fallen Behind
Equip yourself with practical tools that will make a significant difference for your struggling readers
- Learn a Proven Approach to Prevent Low Word Recognition
There is no reason every student can’t be reading proficiently or at least very close to grade level before entering fourth grade … Here’s how
- Bring Students who Have Fallen Behind up to Grade Level Quickly with Powerful New Intervention Strategies
Learn proven strategies that will quickly bring students up to grade level, building confidence and strength in a short period of time … Discover how targeted intervention with small groups can be highly effective and efficient when working with struggling readers
- Effectively Differentiate Reading Instruction to Better Meet the Unique Needs of Struggling Readers
Learn practical ways to broaden the learning options for your struggling readers to better address their unique needs
- Boost the Confidence and Motivation of Your Struggling Readers
Discover new and innovative ways to engage and motivate your students so they can learn without fear of failure and free of stress … Design engaging lessons that are scaffolded and allow for the gradual release of responsibility
- Incorporate Highly Effective Comprehension Strategies into Your Existing Reading Instruction
Discover how short, powerful comprehension strategies can be woven into daily reading lessons in whole-class activities as well as small-group interventions in all subject areas
- Accelerate Growth in Complex Text
Take a deeper look at the reading process … Discover highly effective strategies to help your struggling readers make accelerated growth in more complex text
- Increase Your Knowledge of the Best Strategies and Resources that Support Fast Growth in Fluency for Struggling Readers
Find out which strategies and kinds of materials allow struggling decoders to make faster progress in word recognition and fluency while keeping comprehension central at all times
- Discover How to Make Powerful Spelling Progress Easy and Fun for You and Your Students
Learn simple strategies that will take the mystery out of English spelling and motivate students to be deeply engaged participants in the process
- Receive a Comprehensive Resource Handbook that Will Support You in Bringing Success to All of Your Struggling Readers
Return to your classroom with an extensive resource handbook filled with ideas, strategies and step-by-step instructions that will support you in bringing fast success to your struggling readers
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- How to incorporate short, intensive and easy-to-implement intervention lessons to accelerate progress for struggling readers in both decoding and comprehension skills
- A proven breakthrough method for raising word recognition levels quickly
- How to ensure the spelling success of every student in your classroom with lessons students love
- Strategies to raise your students’ ability to read, spell and use multi-syllabic words
- A deeper understanding of the reading process so that you can better meet the needs of individual students
- Ways to more deeply engage your struggling readers with immediate success
- How to build the confidence of students who have fallen behind
- How to match students with texts that will increase fluency without a stopwatch
- How you can strengthen your students’ comprehension skills using short, integrated lessons
- Techniques to motivate your struggling readers to become full participants in classroom literacy activities
- How to critically evaluate your instructional practices so that every moment counts
- Ways to empower parents to effectively support their struggling readers at home
- How to screen students quickly to ensure effective grouping for fast progress
- How to transition struggling readers from “pretend reading” or “word calling” to laser-sharp focus on print
- Ways to engage all of your students in raising proficiency in focusing on meaning and metacognition
- Significantly decrease the number of elementary school students from entering middle school with low word recognition skills
- Practical, timesaving strategies that address your state standards reading foundational skills
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
There are students in nearly every classroom who struggle with reading and often they give up hope. Over time they lose pace with the literacy progress enjoyed by many of their classmates. When they fall behind they don’t have time to move lock-step through a regimented one-size-fits-all program. They need tried and true, powerful, highly effective instructional strategies that will quickly bring them up to grade level.
After many years as a classroom teacher, reading specialist and resource specialist working with students of all ages who have struggled with reading, I have fine-tuned a collection of powerful intervention strategies that can make a significant difference in the decoding and comprehension skills of struggling readers, allowing them to catch up and fully participate in classroom literacy activities. For the past several years I have had the opportunity to share these strategies with dozens of schools and have observed their effectiveness in a variety of diverse school settings. Many schools are now seeing spectacular improvement when students are able to receive consistent intervention in small groups. All of the strategies I will share with you can be adapted to the needs of both primary and intermediate level students. When you slip these strategies into whichever language arts curriculum you are using in your classroom, you’ll be equipped to prevent your struggling readers from falling behind. You will be amazed when you bring these simple, easy-to-implement strategies back to your classrooms and watch what happens.
I very much look forward to meeting you at the seminar and spending our day together!
P.S. You will also receive an extensive resource handbook filled with lots of ideas and valuable, practical strategies that you can use immediately to raise the reading levels of your struggling readers.
Who Should Attend
Grades K-5 Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Literacy Coaches, Special Education Staff, Instructional Assistants, Interventionists, and Administrators
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Intervention Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- High-impact instructional strategies for building confidence and proficiency in struggling readers with fast results
- A step-by-step guide for implementing a proven approach in your classroom to raise decoding and word recognition levels quickly
- Easy-to-follow descriptions of the spelling and decoding strategies that will bring students up to grade level
- Practical, timesaving techniques for getting students to focus on meaning and develop strong comprehension
- Effective, scaffolded lessons to address your state standards for reading, tailored for fast improvement
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in practical ways to improve the reading achievement of their struggling readers in grades K-5.
Sharon Zinke will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your school(s) or district.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.