Help Struggling Readers Using Powerful iPad® Strategies and the Best Apps
Presented by Ryan Doetch
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-5: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Intervention Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Media/Technology Specialists, and Administrators
- Outstanding iPad apps, activities and strategies that are practical, easy-to-use, free or inexpensive, and can be used immediately with your struggling readers
- Best-of-the-best reading iPad apps for grades K-5 that support and engage students
- Learn about free to low-cost apps and eBooks to help students with reading, foundational skills, writing, spelling, comprehension, fluency, language, and vocabulary
- Highly effective reading apps and activities that are easy to access, easy to work with and easy to apply
- Receive an extensive, ready-to-use resource handbook filled with iPad apps, skillful strategies to engage struggling readers, and practical instructional resources you can use immediately with your own struggling students
iPad® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Whether you have one iPad or a class set, how do you use iPads in your classrooms to help struggling readers? New apps appear on a daily basis, making it next to impossible to know which apps are the best to use. In this energized and dynamic NEW seminar, award-winning innovation teacher, trainer, and international presenter, Ryan Doetch will share the most effective reading apps and the most engaging activities to support and help your struggling readers.
You will leave this high-energy seminar with dozens of innovative ideas on how to best use iPads to help your struggling readers, the most effective apps to strengthen academic achievement, and practical ways to utilize iPads with students in literacy instruction. Whether you are new to iPads or have already started implementing iPad instruction in your classroom, you will find numerous ideas, strategies and apps you can use immediately. Whether you have one iPad or a classroom set, you will gain valuable activities and strategies for making the best use of free and low-cost apps to motivate, engage and support your struggling literacy learners.
All participants will leave with an extensive and comprehensive resource handbook listing outstanding iPad apps and strategies that you can immediately put to use to motivate and inspire your learners.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- The Best-of-the-Best Apps to Help Your Struggling Readers
Ryan has done the legwork for you! Discover the best apps that support struggling readers and help them develop the necessary literacy skills vital for school success
- Powerful Instructional Strategies that Utilize iPads to Support Struggling Readers
Learn how to best utilize iPads to enhance your instruction for struggling readers … Powerful, creative strategies, interactive textbooks, literacy apps, and interactive academic games that will engage students and enhance their literacy learning
- From Phonics to Final Drafts, There’s an App for That
Learn about the best free to low-cost apps to help struggling readers with foundational skills, writing, spelling, comprehension, fluency, language, and vocabulary in grades K-5
- Encourage/Maximize Student Participation and Engagement with iPads
Discover techniques and apps that make literacy both useful and enjoyable … Teacher-friendly ideas that can be put to use immediately in grades K-5 and are especially helpful with your struggling readers
- Turn Your Current Lessons into Dynamic, Interactive and Fun Lessons
Become familiar with apps and resources that enhance the iPad’s engaging and interactive lesson applications … Integrate a higher level of interactivity into your instruction, a key to engaging and helping your struggling readers
- Take it to the Next Level … Learn Practical Ways to Use iPads with Your Reading Lessons
Dozens of highly effective reading apps, iBooks®, and activities that support busy professionals in meeting the needs of their diverse learners … Learn about the best literacy apps and research-based strategies that can be integrated immediately into any existing reading program
- Inspire Your Struggling Readers to Think in New Ways
Take your reading lessons to the next level by learning how to customize your students’ learning experience and how to create your own interactive materials to support your struggling readers before they fall too far behind
- Use Your iPad to Balance Your Workload
Take back to your classrooms strategies and apps that are easy to access, easy to follow and easy to apply
- Work Creatively to Implement Innovations in Literacy Learning
Learn from a real teacher about how to replace traditional learning processes and products with innovative techniques and lessons that will especially appeal to your struggling readers
- Receive an Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive a comprehensive resource handbook filled with apps, engaging activities, research-based strategies, examples, ideas, tutorials, and resources for the iPad that can be used immediately to enhance your reading lessons. You will also receive a link to Ryan’s website with resources and templates that can be downloaded and used immediately in the classroom
iBook® is a trademark of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Free and inexpensive apps to use with your struggling readers
- The best ways to use iPads to motivate and engage struggling readers
- Ways to use iPads as a powerful tool to significantly improve student literacy
- Step-by-step demonstrations of apps to use with struggling readers, that are easy to access, easy to follow and easy to apply
- Learn how to use the iPad to create powerful support lessons for students who need extra literacy instruction
- Powerful ways to use the iPad and apps to engage struggling students in reading and writing
- The most effective apps to help students with reading, foundational skills, writing, spelling, comprehension, fluency, language, and vocabulary
- Dozens of outstanding ideas for using iPads to significantly enhance student literacy
- Reading apps and iBooks to use with students to help close the achievement gap of struggling readers
- Innovative ways to transform your literacy environment into a 21st century learning laboratory where learning is differentiated, innovative and engaging
- Design literacy lessons utilizing iPad technology to engage and support your struggling readers
- Effective and exciting apps to boost your struggling students’ confidence and motivation to learn
- Practical and timesaving techniques for implementing and using iPads in the classroom
- Effective ways to motivate struggling students so that reading is exciting and fun and not perceived as work
- Additional resources, apps and websites to download for immediate use in the classroom
- Ways to differentiate lessons with iPads to support individual students and small groups of students who need interventions or enrichment
- Tips for educators with one iPad or classrooms with multiple iPads
- Apps and activities that can be used in guided reading groups, small groups, whole class, and by individual students
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
I hope you agree with me when I say today is an exciting time to be an educator! We have at our disposal an incredible amount of technology that truly enhances the learning experiences of our students, if utilized to its fullest capability. One such technology is the iPad.
I think you will also agree, reading is the key to success in school. When students struggle with reading, there is a great danger that they fall further and further behind in academic achievement. There is no question that technology is a common element in most children’s lives. In today’s high-tech world, iPads are now being used more and more in classrooms all over the world. This amazing instructional tool has the potential to generate more student interest, higher motivation, and stronger learning results, especially for struggling students.
I have designed this seminar to help you use your iPad to better support your struggling readers. I will share with you how the most powerful apps and engaging activities – combined with the best research-based strategies – will enhance the key components of effective literacy. My goal is for you to leave with the knowledge and resources of this amazing piece of technology, so you can transform your literacy instruction into a more powerful learning opportunity for all your students, but especially for your struggling readers.
This seminar is designed for teachers who have one iPad or a whole classroom set and want to narrow down the list of apps to the most effective and engaging apps to help struggling readers in grades K-5. You will receive a comprehensive list of the most effective apps, iBooks, strategies, and activities to maximize student participation during literacy instruction. As a classroom teacher who integrates the iPad into the curriculum on a daily basis, I have used the apps I will share and have experienced firsthand, the positive and incredible impact this technology has on both students and teachers. I have utilized numerous apps and strategies on ways to use iPad technology to help students who struggle in reading. I want to share my knowledge and resources with you.
I am genuinely excited to share my knowledge as I help you discover more features and apps that will fit into your busy schedules and can have a positive impact on your struggling readers. We will spend the day covering topics such as: using the most effective apps to enhance literacy, motivating and engaging activities that integrate the iPad, strategies to motivate and support struggling readers, incorporating technology into existing classroom lessons, and maximizing student participation with the iPad. I look forward to sharing a valuable and stimulating day with you!
P.S. Again, the focus of our day together will be on using the iPad to help struggling literacy learners and incorporating practical activities and strategies that enhance literacy instruction.
Who Should Attend
Specifically Designed for Educators Serving Grades K-5: Classroom Teachers, Reading Specialists, Intervention Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Media/Technology Specialists, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Examples and directions on how to use iPads as a means to support struggling readers
- Step-by-step demonstrations and directions on the most useful and effective apps to use with struggling literacy learners in grades K-5
- Dozens of innovative ideas for using iPads to meet the needs of your struggling students
- Access to Ryan’s interactive ideas and website
- Practical, timesaving techniques used to support your reading curriculum
- Innovative, new apps, activities, and strategies that support your curriculum as well as new ways to use the iPad that you and your students will love
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in using technology and the iPad to enhance their programs.
Make the Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal we use a large screen multimedia projection system to demonstrate specific applications, digital tools and online resources throughout the day, rather than individual devices. You are welcome, though not required, to bring your own fully charged iPad. Your resource handbook and access to a specially created electronic resource will provide you with project ideas and direct links to online resources to support additional hands-on exploration after the seminar.
Ryan Doetch will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.