Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Practical Strategies for Dealing with Disrespectful and Disengaged Students at School and Online
Presented by Cindy Jones
Specifically Designed for Grades 1-12: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Paraprofessionals, Administrators, Counselors, School Psychologists, Crisis Interventionists and Special Program Coordinators
- Practical strategies that will improve the behavior of repeatedly disrespectful students whether you are teaching face-to-face or in a digital setting
- Learn more techniques to increase highly engaged academic behavior
- Proven ideas to better de-escalate students who seek power struggles
- Innovative NEW ideas for more respectful and positive students whether they are learning in-person or online
Practical Ideas and Strategies
Students with disrespectful and disengaged behaviors are becoming more and more prevalent in our schools. These students are exceedingly difficult to reach and even more difficult to teach. They often exhibit rude behaviors, infringe on others' rights, disrupt the classroom and online learning environment, and refuse to engage in leaning. This NEW, highly practical seminar by Cindy Jones is designed to offer educators powerful tools and techniques for changing students' negative behaviors into positive, productive learning behaviors.
You will leave this seminar with many highly effective and game-changing ideas for reducing disrespectful student behavior as well as helping students move from unmotivated, disorganized, and apathetic to engaged and successful learners in your classroom and online.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Working Successfully with Disengaged Students Whether They Are Learning In-Person or Online
Discover new ways to change students' behaviors that appear apathetic, shut down, and unmotivated
- Stay Out of Power Struggles with Angry, Argumentative, and Aggressively Disrespectful Students
Learn easy-to-use verbal interventions that stop power struggles and rude remarks and behaviors in the classroom and online
- Increase Engagement and Respect for Learning and Others
Learn how to design the ultimate learning environment for your disengaged and disrespectful students … Help them be more engaged and more respectful
- Maintain Better Control of Your Traditional and Virtual Classrooms
Teach students better and more appropriate alternatives to their verbal and physical outbursts that can interrupt both your classroom and distance learning environments … Address the behaviors without escalating the situation
- New Ways to Help Your Students Be More Engaged in Learning and Gain Greater Academic Success
Help your disrespectful students gain needed confidence to try and to grow academically and become more engaged at school and in their online classroom
- Reduce Angry Behavior
Teach students to make better choices in school and online … Reduce angry outbursts
- Proven Strategies for Gaining Parental Support
Increase parent support and decrease resistance
- Techniques for Immediately Handling Disrespectful and Dangerous Behaviors
Effective strategies that will quickly end or defuse inappropriate behavior before it escalates
- Improve Student Self-Control, Decrease Your Time Managing Behavior
Give your students effective tools they can adopt for better self-regulation and increased self-control
- Receive an Extensive Digital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook filled with practical strategies for dealing with disrespectful and disengaged students in your classroom and online learning settings
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Highly effective, classroom-proven strategies for decreasing disrespectful and disengaged student behaviors at school and in your online classroom
- What motivates non-engaged students and how to point them to more successful learning
- How to help students who are so disorganized that it hinders their learning
- Create a growth mindset classroom and online learning environment where students can learn, and you can teach
- Specific techniques to use with students who are apathetic and uninterested in learning
- Strategies to help you be more proactive and spend less time addressing disrespectful behavior
- Effective ways to stay emotionally neutral while working with difficult and defiant students
- Ways to state directives to gain students' compliance
- Practical ideas for helping you gain greater control of your traditional and virtual learning environments
- Down-to-earth, common-sense methods to better communicate with the most disrespectful and disengaged students
- How to encourage positive change in students by facilitating, not punishing
- Reclaim your enthusiasm, energy and focus on teaching
- How to teach skills to replace the inappropriate behaviors that disengaged students commonly exhibit
- Creative ideas to increase success and keep all students engaged in learning whether you are teaching in-person or online
- How to increase and maintain your joy of teaching while working with the most disrespectful and disengaged students in the classroom or your distance learning program
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
As I visit schools and travel around the country training educators, two of the concerns I frequently hear are "What do I do about rude, disrespectful students and how do I get kids to do work and engage in learning?" In schools and online learning environments today, we are seeing students with chronically activated stress response systems. These students are expressing anxiety, fear, and angst through negative behaviors such as rude comments, disrespectful body language, and lack of motivation. We are also seeing students who have not been given clear boundaries and have not learned appropriate social skills.
I invite you to join me for a highly practical seminar focused on strategies for disrespectful and disengaged students. At this seminar, you will discover many new ideas for reaching even your most difficult and unproductive students. The ideas presented are ones I have gained through my own experience as an educator for many years and from interacting with many highly skilled colleagues. I have seen students who were engaged in constant disrespectful behaviors and those with apathy and disinterest in academics change and grow when the correct intervention skills were applied.
My goal for the day is for you to leave the seminar with many new, practical tools that can help you with addressing student behaviors that threaten to stop our teaching, interfere with our students learning and steal your joy as an educator. Please join your colleagues and me for an exciting day filled with practical and creative strategies for changing the lives of your students and refilling your teacher toolbox with ideas that work in both your traditional and online classrooms.
P.S. You will leave this seminar with dozens of practical ideas and an extensive digital resource handbook to help you implement the strategies in your classroom or during online instruction!
Who Should Attend
Grades 1-12 Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Paraprofessionals, Administrators, Counselors, School Psychologists, Crisis Interventionists and Special Program Coordinators
Special Benefits of Attending
ExtensiveDigital Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive digital resource handbook giving you access to countless strategies before, during and after the seminar. The handbook includes:
- Effective, classroom-proven strategies for decreasing disrespectful and disengaged student behaviors in both in-person and online settings
- What motivates non-engaged students and how to engage them in successful learning at school and online
- How to empower and re-train unorganized, distracted students
- Techniques to help you stay out of power struggles with angry, argumentative, and aggressively disrespectful students whether you are working with them in person or online
Share Ideas with Other Educators
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to share ideas with other educators interested in strategies for improving student behaviors.
Cindy Jones will be available to answer your specific questions and the unique needs of your own program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you'll be fully satisfied or you'll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.