Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Current, Best Strategies for Strengthening
Specifically Designed for Science Educators Serving Grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Science Specialists, and Administrators
- The best, current strategies to enhance science instruction in grades 6-12 science classrooms
- Practical, timesaving tips and tools to better differentiate science instruction, including making the best use of technology tools to flip your science instruction
- Proven ways to effectively incorporate real-world, STEM-based activities into your existing science lessons
- Challenge your students with engaging activities that require real-world problem solving, inquiry-based learning and collaboration with others
- Outstanding strategies for how to incorporate the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) into your already existing science program
- Receive an extensive science resource handbook and a link to a website filled with ideas, activities and resources you can use immediately in your science classroom
Practical Ideas and Strategies
How often do you wish you had more time to work with individual students? Is there an inquiry-based project that you have always wanted to do but are not sure where to start? Do you want to turn your science classroom into a student-centered, project-based space where all students feel more deeply engaged and excited about learning? Celeste Best, an award winning science teacher and seminar leader, will provide you with a wealth of helpful resources that can help you to turn ideas like these into reality.
This high energy, dynamic seminar will provide you with a wide range of ideas and examples about how to take pre-existing lessons and incorporate NGSS based concepts and STEM components that will engage all learners and allow them to thrive in this student-centered environment. This seminar will also explain and demonstrate the power of a flipped science classroom environment that provides students and teachers the most important element for creating a successful learning environment – time to learn together.
During this fast-paced day you will explore dozens of resources and lesson ideas that can help immerse your students in science through inquiry-based activities that focus on critical thinking, problem solving, and collaboration. You will leave this seminar with a new level of excitement and confidence in your ability to more meaningfully engage your students with hands-on, STEM and technology-based activities, well as an extensive science resource handbook filled with ideas that you can easily integrate into your own science classroom.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Utilize the Most Effective Strategies and Useful Resources to Enhance Science Instruction in Grades 6-12
Learn new, innovative, proven strategies and the most helpful resources for enhancing science instruction in grades 6-12
- Incorporate the Next Generation Science Standards to Enhance Student Learning
Use the NGSS to design classroom learning experiences that better stimulate students’ interests in science … Examine how students will develop in-depth understanding of content and develop key skills such as communication, collaboration, inquiry, problem solving, and flexibility
- Use Inquiry Project-Based Learning More Effectively in Your Science Classroom
Explore proven models of inquiry project-based learning and its essential components … Practical ways to best use this powerful approach to enhance science teaching and learning in grades 6-12
- Expand and Energize Your Existing Science Teaching Strategies with Technology
Utilize a variety of resources, applications and websites to enhance current science lessons … Ensure all students are engaged and empowered to learn and apply science concepts
- Discover the Key Components to Flipping Your Science Instruction
Learn the basics of how to create a flipped science classroom environment for students in grades 6-12 … Practical tips on how to get started using and creating flipped videos as well as turning your classroom into a student-centered and student-driven learning space
- Differentiate Instruction More Efficiently in Your Science Classroom
Learn how you can more easily differentiate science instruction to meet a wide range of student skills and learning styles while helping all students feel more deeply engaged and successful in your classroom
- Tap into Highly Effective Apps and Tech Tools to Bring New Life to Your Science Lessons
Discover dozens of practical strategies for using technology to energize and motivate your students to reach a deeper and richer understanding of your content
- Effective Strategies for Enhancing STEM Instruction in Your Secondary Classroom
Learn practical and doable strategies for enhancing your existing units and lessons with STEM topics … Discover multiple ways to actively engage all students with a wide range of hands-on activities
- Discover How to Improve Student Inquiry and Research Skills
Examine ways to promote student-centered learning with inquiry and project-based learning to make science come to life … Help students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills emphasized in NGSS
- Receive an Extensive Science Resource Handbook and Access to Specially Created Follow-up Website
Each participant will receive a comprehensive science resource handbook containing dozens of ideas, applications and web-based resources to help transform your science classroom … A continually updated website will be available to participants for access to practical ideas, information and resources to help you get started immediately
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Dozens of practical strategies, timesaving tips and useful resources for strengthening science instruction in grades 6-12
- Powerful strategies to focus student learning on the core skills and concepts of the NGSS
- How to start implementing a successful flipped classroom for all science disciplines in grades 6‐12
- Proven ways to more effectively and efficiently differentiate science instruction
- Effective ways to make the best use of apps and other tech tools to better meet the needs of ALL your students
- How to create a more accessible science learning environment for all students
- Specific information on how to turn your existing units into mastery-based lessons that allow all students to experience success
- Innovative, highly effective ways to immerse students into STEM-based, real-world science scenarios to increase motivation and learning
- Valuable, proven and practical ideas to encourage science inquiry through challenging learning experiences
- Creative ideas for having students obtain, evaluate and effectively communicate scientific information
- Proven techniques for using the flipped classroom to effectively teach rigorous science skills and concepts
- Outstanding, step-by-step examples of how to develop active and exploratory instructional strategies that model real-world STEM skills
- Useful applications and web resources that will motivate and inspire your students in science, technology, engineering, and math
- Practical ways to strengthen your science instruction using the science and engineering practice of modeling
- A multitude of useful and valuable ideas to encourage science inquiry through challenging learning experiences
- Proven methods to immerse students in real-world science scenarios to increase motivation and learning and incorporate the science and engineering practices
- Dozens of ideas on how to more effectively use technology to make your science classes more interactive and engaging
- Practical examples of how to incorporate instructional strategies that help students develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Like many teachers, at the end of each year, I reflect on what I could have done better; how I could have helped more students to reach a higher level of success, what I could have done to bring more real world, hands-on learning into my classroom. After years of asking myself these same questions but never seeming to find the right answers I realized I had all the pieces in place, I simply needed to put them together. I needed to weave the components of project-based learning, technology integration, STEM, and the flipped classroom together to make a student-centered environment that would allow all of my students to be successful on their terms and in their own way. Creating a science classroom with all of these components, along with the guidance of the Next Generation Science Standards has allowed me to foster an environment of learning that requires students to be critical thinkers, problem solvers and engage in real-world science. Making this change in pedagogy changed my classroom and my teaching from a place where we learned about science to a place where we do science!
I look forward to welcoming you to this seminar where we will spend the day investigating the endless possibilities that a student-centered and project-based classroom offers both you and your students. Specifically designed for the grade 6-12 science classroom, our day will focus on practical strategies, highly effective tools and techniques, and excellent resources that will help you successfully build an environment where all students will be engaged and successful.
This fast-paced seminar will provide each participant with practical, classroom-tested activities and examples. We will focus on key aspects of creating a successful project-based, mastery-driven environment including strategies on how to flip your instruction, more efficiently and effectively integrate technology into daily instruction, engage and enhance student learning through principles of STEM, and advance student problem-solving and critical-thinking skills. This high intensity seminar will introduce you to dozens of resources that will help strengthen what you already do in the classroom and allow you to build on your existing successes.
I invite you to join me for this valuable experience that will inspire and motivate you to return to your classroom and immediately implement the resources and cutting-edge instructional techniques. To help support this experience, you will be provided with a comprehensive resource handbook and a link to a website filled with the resources shared during the seminar.
I look forward to meeting you at the seminar and our day of learning together.
Celeste N. Best
Who Should Attend
Science Educators Working with Students in grades 6-12: Classroom Teachers, Department Heads, Science Specialists, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive science instruction resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Technology resources to seamlessly implement in your existing science program
- Step-by-step instructions on how to create a flipped classroom environment
- Strategies and examples of how to design mastery-based units and assessments
- Innovative ideas for integrating the science and engineering practices and crosscutting concepts into your science instruction
- Practical integration ideas and strategies which support the Next Generation Science Standards and increase student achievement
- Descriptions and examples of apps and resources to use in fostering critical thinking, problem solving and creativity
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other science educators interested in using the best, current strategies to strengthen their science instruction in grades 6-12.
Celeste Best will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own science program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.