Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Best Strategies for Making Your
Specifically Designed for School Librarians, Media Specialists, Library Aides, Resource Teachers, and Administrators Serving Grades K-12
- Practical strategies and the best digital resources to make your school library program future ready
- The eight key components of the Future Ready Librarians Framework every school librarian should know
- Make best use of digital learning to more efficiently personalize learning for all students
- Cutting-edge ideas from the NEW National Standards for School Learners, School Librarians and School Libraries … Specific implications for FUTURE READY librarians
You are welcome to bring your own fully charged laptop, Chromebook, tablet, or other electronic device to view the full range of resources covered, however, it is not a requirement to attend this seminar.
Practical Ideas and Strategies
If you are asking yourself what the FUTURE READY Librarians Framework means for you and your school library, this is a seminar you won’t want to miss. In this NEW seminar, award winning school librarian, Lakisha Brinson, will share practical ways to make this digital transformation of learning a reality in your school. Lakisha will share realistic ways to expand research-based digital and personalized learning opportunities for both students and staff.
You’ll learn new and innovative ways to enhance your current school library environment to better accommodate varied activities and groups while providing flexible learning spaces for both collaborative and individual learning. Lakisha will also share innovative ways that school librarians can lead beyond the school library, build effective instructional partnerships and cultivate community partnerships.
You’ll leave Lakisha’s seminar inspired by the Future Ready Librarians Framework’s vision for strengthening personalized student learning opportunities and a wealth of practical ideas and best resources to assist you in making this a reality in your school.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Utilize the Future Ready Librarians Framework to Better Support Diverse Learning Needs
Learn practical, creative, state-of-the-art strategies to strengthen and enhance your library program in ways that support the diverse academic needs of your students and school staff
- Create More Collaborative Library Spaces
Increase your library’s circulation with a more user-centered library space … Realistic ways to provide more flexible spaces for both collaborative and individual learning
- Build More Effective Instructional Partnerships with School Staff
Discover innovative ideas for working more cooperatively with your staff to integrate elements of digital citizenship and information … Practical uses for blended learning along with realistic ways to “flip” student learning will be shared
- Curate the Best Digital Resources and Tools for Your Future Ready Library
Discover the best applications and gear for your school or library including multimedia content, coding platforms and makerspace choices
- Enhance Opportunities for Personalized Professional Learning
Incorporate innovative professional learning simulations that you and your staff will find of high interest that provide access to vital information
- Lead Beyond Your School Library
Strengthen your awareness of ways to extend your leadership beyond the library to benefit your school and district
- Increase Equitable Digital Access to Maximize Digital Learning
Discover strategies that will help you promote more equitable access and services that support your district’s strategic framework and school improvement plan for maximizing digital learning
- Cultivate Productive Community Partnerships
Discover innovative ways to connect your practices, programs and space to increase personalization and innovation in your school
- Leverage Your School’s Investment in the Most Useful Digital Resources
Learn ways to create a budget proposal specifically designed to your space that clearly highlights your specific digital resource needs
- Receive an Extensive School Library Media Resource Handbook
Leave with an extensive school library resource handbook filled with the best ideas, strategies and materials for strengthening your school library program utilizing the Future Ready Library Framework
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Practical ways to incorporate the FUTURE READY Librarians Framework to enhance your existing school library program
- Proven strategies to make personalized learning opportunities a reality for all of your students
- How to create a more user-friendly library environment that accommodates varied activities and groups while increasing library circulation
- Innovative ways to provide greater access to digital content, mobile devices and online learning platforms in your FUTURE READY Library
- The school librarian’s leadership role in supporting the digital transformation of learning…ways to lead beyond your school library
- The best technology applications and gear for your FUTURE READY Library
- How to help students become more self-directed as they create digital products of their learning while engaging them in critical thinking, collaborative and real-world problem solving
- Ways to teach and promote student data privacy
- How you can create a more flexible learning environment in your school library to promote inquiry, creativity, collaboration, and community
- Innovative ways to cultivate partnerships within the school community to promote great engagement and lifelong learning
- Proven ideas for facilitating professional learning among your school staff to cultivate a deeper understanding of the skills that comprise success in the digital age … Critical thinking, information literacy, digital citizenship and technology competencies
- Ways to build more productive instructional partnerships with classroom teachers to design and implement evidence-based curricula and assessments that integrate elements deeper learning and best use of technology
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
The FUTURE READY School Initiative was recently launched with the goal that schools maximize digital learning to prepare all students for success in college, a career and citizenship. FUTURE READY Librarians is an expansion of this initiative geared towards raising awareness among district and school leaders about the valuable roles librarians can serve in supporting the FUTURE READY goals of their school and district.
At this seminar, we will focus on ways that we, as school librarians can lead, teach and support the FUTURE READY goals of our school and district in a variety of ways through our professional practice, programs and spaces.
Extensive research and first-hand testimonials point to the fact that quality school library programs significantly impact student learning. In my work as a classroom teacher, STEM instructional designer and a teacher-librarian, I have experienced this impact first-hand. My various roles have allowed me to experience the struggles of both teachers and librarians in finding time to collaborate, meeting the needs of all learners, and staying abreast of new trends.
Elementary, middle or high school librarians alike will find this seminar filled with ideas, resources and strategies that will enhance your library program and ensure that you, your students and school community are future ready.
Join me as we spend our day learning the most effective and proven strategies that you can take back to your school the next day. Throughout the day, we will discuss, engage in the seven gears of the future ready framework and work together to find ways that connect to your current practices. My goal is to present a seminar that will allow you to build on the successful practices you already have.
P.S. This seminar will focus on best strategies for making your school library program FUTURE READY.
Who Should Attend
School Librarians, Media Specialists, Library Aides, Resource Teachers, and Administrators Serving Grades K-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive school library resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Easy-to-implement ideas for making your school library program future ready
- Innovative ideas and strategies to use the newly drafted AASL standards to strengthen your library program
- Digital resources links to delve deeper into creating your future ready library
- Tips for and organizational strategies for managing your library space
- Practical ideas for incorporating each component of the FUTURE READY Framework in your library
Meet and Share
With Other School Librarians
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in making their library program FUTURE READY.
Make Best Use of Your Time
Our goal is to make the best use of your time during the seminar while providing you with the greatest variety of practical applications for your classroom. To accomplish this goal we use a large screen multimedia projection system to demonstrate specific applications, digital tools and online resources throughout the day, rather than individual devices. Though not a requirement to attend, attendees find they are more engaged learners if they bring a fully charged Chromebook or laptop with the Chrome browser installed. An iPad will not provide the same apps use we cover in the seminar. You are welcome to bring a tablet as a secondary device, however, a Chromebook or laptop is recommended.
Lakisha Brinson will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own school library program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.