Our seminars and customized trainings are now available in a live interactive online format.
Please contact us to request a free quote.
Innovative, Cutting-Edge Strategies for Increasing the Impact and Effectiveness of Your SCHOOL LIBRARY Program
Presented by Tricia Kuon
Specifically Designed for School Librarians, Media Specialists, Library Aides, and Administrators Serving Grades K-12
- Practical strategies to increase the effectiveness of your entire school library program
- Innovative ideas to help you enhance your library program and make the best use of your time, space, technology, and budget
- Explore cutting-edge methods to transform your library into a highly utilized space in the school for students and staff
- Receive an extensive school library media center resource handbook filled with ideas you’ll be able to use immediately
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this NEW, highly practical seminar, award-winning and published teacher librarian, Tricia Kuon, will share how to revitalize your library space and program, creating an inviting, dynamic atmosphere and environment where students, teachers and administrators will want to return again and again. Tricia will provide numerous cost-effective ideas to help you maximize your time and resources while transforming your library space.
You’ll learn how to better collaborate and communicate while marketing your library in such a way to create advocates and make your library the hub of the school. You will gain proven and fresh ways to create a welcoming, user-centered space that encourages the use of cutting-edge technologies and practices designed to expand students’ knowledge base and allow them to create new knowledge to share with the school and community.
Join Tricia for an inspiring day filled with strategies, resources and valuable tips to strengthen and enhance your library program.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Current, Innovative Ideas for Strengthening Your Library Program
Expand your options and discover new ideas to create and sustain a highly engaging library program … Find out what works and how to adapt what you are already doing for greater impact
- Strategies to Grab the Attention of Students and Staff
Explore new ideas for making your library the hub of your school, a place where every student and staff member needs to go to every day … Strategies to create an action-packed library
- Using Technologies to Engage Students and Keep Them Coming Back for More
Cutting-edge practices being used in school libraries including gaming, gamification, green screens, robot programming, and more
- Becoming Indispensable: Marketing Yourself and Creating Library Advocates
You are a great advocate for your program but you cannot do it all alone, and you shouldn’t! Learn ways to market and highlight your library while creating advocates to also promote your library
- What’s Trending Using Current Technology for Greater Impact
Explore the hottest, most current trends in technology in school libraries and learn how to use them for the greatest impact … Save yourself time and learn from other librarians who have already done the trial and error for you
- Increase Student Interest in READING
With so many hats to wear, librarians often wonder how to be sure to emphasize the most important hat of all – the encouraging-students-to-become-avid-readers hat! Explore great new ideas and visit tried and proven methods to encourage reading
- Using MAKERSPACES in the Library
Whether you are new to makerspaces or are already using them, discover new ideas and strategies to make them a vital part of your library … Free or low-cost, high-tech and low-tech
- Loaded, Leveled-Up Library Lessons for All Grades
With our busy schedules, new uses for libraries and an ever-expanding curriculum, it’s getting harder to fit in everything we need to teach and do … Ways to lesson plan and cover curriculum quickly and expertly
- Explore New Ways to Collaborate and Communicate in our Digital World
Learn new ways to communicate and broaden your sphere of influence in your school and community … Provide more opportunities for teachers and students to utilize your library
- Learn How to Harness the Power of Data that is Available at Your Fingertips
Librarians know how valuable libraries are but metrics can be incredibly helpful in educating administrators and communities about the value of school library programs … Learn how to mine your data
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- The latest, innovative ideas for strengthening your school library program
- The hottest trends and what’s next for libraries … How you can keep current efficiently and effectively
- Ways to improve your use of FREE online resources
- Creative ways to collaborate with classroom teachers
- Tips to motivate students to read and enjoy literature
- Ideas for harnessing the power of data and using it to spread the library’s influence
- How to be a technology master and use technology to save you time
- Ways to create advocates to help you promote the many great things that happen in the library
- Practical ideas for applying STEM/STEAM to your library program through the use of MAKERSPACES
- Cutting-edge practices including gaming, gamification, green screens, robot programming, and more
- Lesson planning ideas to help you cover the necessary curriculum using Loaded, Leveled-Up Lessons
- How to create a powerful, user-centered library space closely aligned with the aspirations of your school community
- Proven ideas for developing collaborative work spaces
- Specific strategies for networking with colleagues both locally and globally
- Become indispensable by embracing innovative ways to promote your library program to the school community and beyond
- Ideas for using the equipment you have in a more effective manner
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
Librarians change lives! I have experienced the truth of this statement beginning with my own life being changed through the power of reading. When I was a child, the library was where we went to find books, check them out, read quietly for a while and then go back to class. Times sure have changed!
Librarians of the 21st century are book and technology experts who collaborate and communicate with staff members regularly while running a library and technology center that features cutting-edge technologies, the greatest books available, and a makerspace that aligns with the most amazing, informative, and concise lessons ever designed. Librarians’ roles have transitioned over time as the library itself has gone from book storage and retrieval location to a full-on Learning Commons with spaces for lessons, technology application and use, action activities like puppet shows and makerspaces, and spaces for meeting, collaborating and communicating.
Libraries are indispensable and so are librarians! This seminar will focus on the many ways that librarians can and should embrace the amazing new shift in the library from extremely quiet storage centers of information and retrieval to dynamic, busy centers of storage and knowledge creation.
In this seminar, I hope to do some heavy lifting and provide a look at how old ideas like storytelling are being used in new ways and how new ideas like coding, virtual reality and data mining are being used in libraries to expand horizons and make libraries increasingly indispensable and exciting.
I hope you will join us for a fun and informative day!
P.S. This seminar will focus on innovative, cutting-edge strategies for increasing the impact and effectiveness of your school library program.
Who Should Attend
School Librarians, Media Specialists, Library Aides, and Administrators Serving Grades K-12
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive school library media center resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. The handbook includes:
- Creative ideas for strengthening your library media program
- How to make your library media center the hub of your school’s instructional program
- Strategies to utilize and manage the latest technology resources in the library
- Teacher collaboration tools, ideas and resources
- The latest ideas for garnering community support for your library program
- Ways to work smarter, not harder
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in enhancing their school library programs.
Tricia Kuon will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own school library program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.