National Train-the-Trainer Institute
Designed for K-6 teachers, team leaders, instructional coaches, mentors, PD trainers, and administrators with Guided Reading experience
The most effective Guided Reading to Differentiate Instruction train-the-trainer program available
Enhance Your Students’ Reading Skills By Using Guided Reading to Differentiate Instruction. Develop Your Own Trainers!
- The most effective Guided Reading to Differentiate Instruction train-the-trainer program available
- Featuring two of the nation’s top Guided Reading experts, Judy Lynch and Mary Peterson
Innovative, Video-Based, Hands-On, Train-the-Trainer Opportunity
- Become a skilled, knowledgeable trainer of Guided Reading to Differentiate Instruction … Train and support other teachers in the implementation of effective Guided Reading practices that are differentiated to meet the needs of all students
- Learn how to use outstanding video training clips to demonstrate Guided Reading differentiation strategies in action … Receive a complete K-2 or 3-6 DVD video training package with ALL the video clips needed for your own school or district trainings
- Receive critical information on how to deliver high-quality, engaging and effective Guided Reading Differentiation training sessions for staff
- Ideal for schools and districts looking to create a core team of trainers to provide training to build and sustain a state-of-the-art reading program that differentiates instruction to maximize student success in grades K-6
What’s unique about this National Train-the-Trainer Institute
- Four days of intensive training, combining classroom-proven strategies and video clips of the strategies in action – show rather than tell your teachers what successful Guided Reading Differentiated instruction looks like in real classrooms
- National Guided Reading Experts Judy Lynch and Mary Peterson will provide a comprehensive, interactive and research-based Guided Reading training to prepare participants to train other teachers in the implementation of a successful Guided Reading program that meets yourstate standards
- Work and collaborate in small groups with BER instructors to expand and enhance your understanding of Guided Reading strategies specific to grades K-2 or 3-6
- Gain numerous tips, ideas and resources to prepare and deliver high-quality staff training to begin, build on or sustain Guided Reading in your school or district. (You’ll leave with copies of all the resources including all video clips needed for training educators at your grade level)
- Unique and ideal opportunity for schools and districts to turn staff members into skilled, knowledgeable Guided Reading trainers who can train and support other teachers in the effective implementation of Guided Reading to differentiate instruction
Participants attending will learn the key components for a successful Guided Reading program, which can then be delivered as a staff development framework that fits the schedule according to each school’s or district’s unique scheduling and training needs. The following components are included in this four-day train-the-trainer institute.
Making Guided Reading a Powerful Teaching Strategy to Significantly Increase Reading Achievement
- Proven classroom strategies to organize, manage and differentiate Guided Reading
- Strategies that keep students on task and learning
- Using Guided Reading as an opportunity to differentiate reading instruction to better meet the needs of all students – from the struggling to the highly capable
Unlock the Power of Small Group Guided Reading Instruction
- Use small, flexible groups to focus on the specific instructional needs of your students
- Make the most of your valuable teaching time with small groups
- Valuable techniques to keep students on track with “just-in-time” teaching interventions
Implement Your State Standards in Reading
- Use Guided Reading to provide specific differentiated instruction techniques to accelerate your students’ acquisition of reading skills
- Strategies to build confident and competent readers
- Use Guided Reading strategies to maximize student success
Utilize Your Existing Reading Curriculum and Materials in a Guided Reading Framework
- Examine best practices for using structure and process of Differentiated Guided Reading with your school or district reading curriculum
- Discover practical strategies to use Guided Reading to enhance instructional effectiveness and student success
What to Do with the Rest of the Class While Teaching Guided Reading Groups
- How to create and manage timesaving, reading learning centers that reinforce the literacy skills and concepts your students need to learn
- Classroom-proven techniques for setting up highly motivating reading literacy centers that keep students focused during independent learning time
Highly Effective Training Strategies You Can Use to Train Others
- Specific training tips and tools to help you become an effective presenter
- Ideas and resources for organizing, planning and delivering successful training to your staff
Seminar Schedule Overview
Program Schedule: 8:30 A.M. – 3:30 P.M. Daily
|Judy Lynch is a highly experienced K-2 classroom teacher, Reading Recovery teacher, literacy coach, and a national reading expert. Judy has taught in schools with great cultural and linguistic diversity. Her passion is helping all children become successful readers. She authored several Scholastic professional books. Judy is a dynamic speaker, known for her high energy and infectious enthusiasm. She speaks at state and national reading conferences and consults with schools across the country. Her ideas are innovative and highly practical.||Mary Peterson is a highly experienced and enthusiastic grades 3-6 teacher with more than 25 years of teaching experience and is known for her highly motivating ideas and the practicality of her presentations. She is an experienced teacher trainer, mentor, national presenter, and author of several professional Scholastic books. Mary’s presentations are fast-paced, inspiring and filled with creative, innovative Guided Reading strategies that can be immediately implemented or adapted in any Guided Reading program.|
State Specific Credit:
You may be eligible for professional development credit through your state. For state specific information, please visit http://www.ber.org/seminars/credit/ceus.cfm or call 1-800-735-3503.
University Credit Option:
Graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of a follow-up practicum project. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at the institute.
SAVE with Group Discounts
The fee is $1395 per person.
If groups of three or more register at the same time, the fee is $1295 per person.
Sheraton - Bellevue
100 - 112th Avenue NE • Bellevue, WA 98004
$209 (single or double) plus tax.
Book your overnight accommodations by June 26, 2017 to receive this special rate, based on availability. To make reservations, please call (866) 837-4275 and request the Bureau of Education & Research National Train-the-Trainer group room block.
Enjoy all that Seattle has to offer
Among the most popular urban attractions are the Space Needle, Museum of Pop Culture, Seattle Aquarium, and the Woodland Park Zoo. Take a stroll through historic Pioneer Square where cozy bookstores, coffee shops and restaurants are nestled in the Square’s red brick buildings. A short distance away is the International District and the Seattle Underground Tour. Whatever your taste in food or fun, Seattle offers the ideal setting for learning, relaxing and playing.