National Train-the-Trainer Institute
Designed for K-12 teachers, team leaders, instructional coaches, department heads, mentors, staff development trainers, and administrators
Reducing Disruptive Behaviors to Increase Learning: Strategies that Work!
Reduce Disruptive Behavior and Increase Learning by Developing Your Own Trainers!
- The most effective Behavior Management Train-the-Trainer program available
- Featuring two of the nation’s top behavior management experts, Kathryn Phillips and Ernie Chapin
Innovative, Video-Based, Hands-On, Train-the-Trainer Opportunity
- Turn your staff members into skilled, knowledgeable trainers who can guide other teachers to use a versatile repertoire of powerful strategies to effectively and respectfully address a wide range of difficult, disruptive behaviors that interrupt or prevent teaching and learning
- Learn how to use outstanding video training clips to demonstrate disruptive behavior prevention and intervention strategies in action in real classrooms
- Build expertise among staff to increase successful, proactive practices that keep students on task and learning … Reduce student referrals and suspensions with strategies to de-escalate disruptive behaviors in the classroom
- Receive critical information on how to deliver high-quality, engaging and effective student behavior training sessions for your school(s) or entire district
- Ideal for schools and districts looking to create a core team of trainers to provide training to build and sustain a comprehensive, positive discipline model that maintains your high standards … Each potential trainer should have experience working with difficult and disruptive student behaviors
What’s unique about this National Train-the-Trainer Institute
- Four days of intensive training combining classroom-proven strategies and video clips of strategies in action. Show rather than tell your teachers what successful prevention and intervention strategies look like in real classrooms
- National behavior experts Kathryn Phillips and Ernie Chapin will provide a comprehensive, interactive and research-based training preparing participants to guide other teachers in the implementation of an effective, successful comprehensive discipline model
- Gain numerous tips and ideas to prepare and deliver high-quality staff training to help teachers reduce difficult and disruptive behaviors while increasing learning in their classrooms
- Unique and ideal opportunity for schools and districts to strengthen their foundation, expand their knowledge and implement training to build and sustain an effective discipline model in your school(s) or district
Innovative, Video-Based, Hands-On, Train-the-Trainer Opportunity
Participants attending will learn the key components for a successful, effective classroom and schoolwide discipline program, which can then be delivered as a staff development framework that fits your schedule according to each school or district’s unique scheduling and training needs. The following key components are included in this four-day train-the-trainer institute.
Reducing Disruptive Behaviors to Increase Student Learning
- Reduce student referrals and suspensions with strategies to prevent, avoid and de-escalate disruptive behaviors in the classroom
- Intervention strategies that keep students on task and learning
- Student-proven strategies to minimize conflicts by strengthening students’ problem-solving skills
- Avoid ineffective and counterproductive consequences and see the positive results with students
Practical Strategies for Dealing with Difficult and Challenging Behaviors
- Calmly avoid being drawn into power struggles while maintaining classroom control
- De-escalate interactions with upset and angry students
- Gain a versatile repertoire of powerful strategies to respectfully and effectively deal with a wide range of difficult and disruptive behaviors
- Proven strategies to de-escalate power struggles
- Techniques to decrease attention-getting behaviors
Establishing and Maintaining a Learning-Focused Classroom and School
- Routines, procedures and teaching methods that will increase time for learning and teaching, and to foster respect
- How to develop a growth mindset in students who fall into a cycle of helplessness
- How to establish a blueprint to increase your success with disruptive students using positive behavioral support practices
- Spend less time managing behavior and more time teaching
- Successful techniques to help students own their behavior rather than disown them with excuses and blaming
Highly Effective Training Strategies You Can Use to Train Others
- Specific training tips and tools to help you become an effective presenter
- Ideas and resources for organizing, planning and delivering successful training to your staff
Video Clips of Successfully Working with Disruptive and Difficult Behaviors in Action to Demonstrate Effective Strategies
- Best practices for using video training clips to train others
- Outstanding training tips and a resource kit to train others (each participant will receive ALL video clips specific to their grade level to use in their training)
Seminar Schedule Overview
Program Schedule: 8:30 A.M. – 3:30 P.M. Daily
|Kathryn Phillips is a highly recognized international speaker, author and teacher of difficult and disruptive students. With over 30 years of experience in schools, she has worked with thousands of educators in comprehensive behavior management and conflict resolution. Kathryn’s extensive experience in special education gives her presentations a practical perspective for managing and intervening with highly disruptive students. Not only will you find her ideas engaging, inspirational and filled with research‑based strategies, you will also gain powerful perspectives and valuable resources to use immediately with your students and staff.||Ernie Chapin is especially qualified to present this unique train-the-trainer institute given his many years of teaching experience, most of which he has spent working with difficult, disruptive and defiant students. His success with these students stands as a testament not only of his skills as an educator, but also his compassion and concern for all students. Ernie has shared his ideas and message with educators throughout the United States. His audiences consistently praise his common-sense, practical approach in dealing with difficult, defiant students. Ernie’s down-to-earth style, humor and real-life stories will make his ideas clear and accessible to you and your staff. Join Ernie and Kathryn for this thought-provoking, practical professional learning experience.
State Specific Credit:
You may be eligible for professional development credit through your state. For state specific information, please visit http://www.ber.org/seminars/credit/ceus.cfm or call 1-800-735-3503.
University Credit Option:
Graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of a follow-up practicum project. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at the institute.
SAVE with Group Discounts
The fee is $1395 per person.
If groups of three or more register at the same time, the fee is $1295 per person.
Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza
350 West Mart Center Drive • Chicago, IL 60654
Phone: (312) 836-5000
- The meeting site is within walking distance to some of the best restaurants, shopping, sightseeing, museums, and nightlife in downtown Chicago. Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza is just minutes from the Chicago Loop and overlooks the Chicago River.
$185 (single or double) plus tax
- Book your overnight accommodations by June 26, 2017 to receive these special rates, based on availability. To make reservations, please call (855) 268-0372 between 7am-5pm CST and request the “National Train-the-Trainer Institute: Reducing Disruptive Behavior” group rate.
Enjoy all that Chicago has to offer
The meeting site is within walking distance to some of the best restaurants, shopping, sightseeing, museums, and nightlife in downtown Chicago. Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza is just minutes from the Chicago Loop and overlooks the Chicago River.
There’s no need to rent a car with so many attractions within walking distance. Airport shuttles are available from Chicago’s airports to the hotel site.