National Train-the-Trainer Institute
Designed for K-12 teachers, team leaders, instructional coaches, mentors, staff development trainers, and administrators with Differentiated Instruction experience
The most effective Differentiated Instruction train-the-trainer program available
Strengthen Differentiated Instruction in Your School or District by Developing Your Own Trainers!
- The most effective Differentiated Instruction train-the-trainer program available
- Featuring two of the nation's top Differentiated Instruction experts, Larry Lewin and Kay Law
Innovative, Video-Based, Hands-On, Train-the-Trainer Opportunity
- Turn your staff members into skilled, knowledgeable Differentiated Instruction trainers who can guide other teachers in the implementation of practical and effective differentiation practices
- Learn how to use outstanding video training clips to demonstrate Differentiated Instruction strategies in action … Receive a complete K-2, 3-6 or 6-12 video DVD training package with ALL the video clips for use during your own school or district trainings
- Build expertise among your staff to incorporate Differentiated Instruction as a vital part of a comprehensive instructional approach within classrooms, schools and entire districts
- Receive critical information on how to deliver high-quality, engaging and effective Differentiated Instruction training sessions
- Ideal for schools and districts looking to create a core team of trainers to provide training to build and sustain a model, state-of-the-art Differentiated Instruction framework … Each potential trainer should have experience using Differentiated Instruction techniques
What’s unique about this National Train-the-Trainer Institute
- Four Days of intensive training combining classroom-proven strategies and video clips of the strategies in action – show rather than tell your teachers what successful Differentiated Instruction looks like in real classrooms
- National Differentiated Instruction Experts Larry Lewin and Kay Law will provide a comprehensive, interactive and research-based training to prepare participants to guide other teachers in the implementation of a successful Differentiated Instruction program to increase students’ success on your state standards
- Work and collaborate in small groups with BER instructors to expand and enhance your understanding of Differentiated Instruction strategies specific to grades K-6 or 6-12
- Gain numerous tips and ideas to prepare and deliver high-quality staff training to begin, build on or sustain Differentiated Instruction in your school or district. You’ll leave with copies of ALL the resources including all video clips needed for training educators at their specific grade level
- Unique and ideal opportunity for schools and districts to turn staff members into skilled, knowledgeable Differentiated Instruction trainers who can train and support other teachers in the effective implementation of Differentiated Instruction practices
Participants attending will learn the key components for a successful Differentiated Instruction program, which can then be delivered as a staff development framework that fits your schedule according to each school or district’s unique scheduling and training needs. The following key components are included in this four-day train-the-trainer institute.
Making Differentiated Instruction a Powerful Teaching Practice to Significantly Increase Achievement
- Learn the key characteristics for an effective Differentiated Instructional framework
- Proven classroom strategies to implement, organize and manage Differentiated Instruction
Meet Your State Standards Using a Differentiated Approach
- Discover what works in Differentiating Instruction and the pitfalls to avoid
- Learn how Differentiated Instruction can meet your rigorous state standards
- Design whole class lessons to effectively address varying readiness levels, interests and modes of learning
Timesaving Strategies for Managing a Differentiated Classroom
- Proven, timesaving management techniques to smooth the transition to a more differentiated approach to instruction
- Increase student achievement with small, flexible group instruction focused on specific skill needs
- Provide appropriate challenges for each student – from the struggling to the high achiever
- Grouping ideas based on student choice, interest, needs, or strengths
Innovative Ways to Differentiate Your Lessons and Assignments
- Practical strategies for designing lessons and assignments to account for the diverse needs of your students’ readiness and interests
- Efficient and effective ways for scaffolding instruction, providing student choice, designing anchor activities, and much more!
- A fresh, less complicated approach to tiered assignments
- Make the most of valuable instructional time by incorporating pre-assessments
- Grading options for differentiated assignments and activities
Video Clips of Differentiated Instruction in Action to Demonstrate Effective Teaching Strategies
- Best practices for using video training clips to train others
- Outstanding training tips and a resource kit to train others (each participant will receive ALL video clips specific to their grade level to use in their training)
Receive Comprehensive Training Resources (Valued at Over $450!)
All participants will receive a valuable package of resources including:
Seminar Schedule Overview
Program Schedule: 8:30 A.M. – 3:30 P.M. Daily
|Larry Lewin has over 25 years of experience as a teacher working with students in grades 6-12 and is a national trainer on Differentiating Instruction including how it increases success in meeting state standards. He is the author of several books and is featured in the video series, Practical Strategies for Differentiating Instruction, Grades 6-12, which will be used in this four-day institute. A frequent presenter at conferences and consultant to schools throughout North America, Larry is known for his inspiring, yet highly practical presentations that are filled with proven techniques you can use immediately in your classroom and with your staff.||Kay Law in an outstanding classroom teacher and highly acclaimed national presenter. As a master teacher trainer, she is known for sharing highly practical Differentiated Instruction strategies that support state standards. With over 35 years of teaching experience in grades K-6, Kay understands the daily challenges teachers face and provides only practical, intentional teaching strategies to address the wide range of student needs. Kay’s presentations are fast-paced and strategy-packed focusing on helping students significantly improve their core academic skills. You will leave her session with dozens of Differentiated Instruction strategies and assessments that can be used or adapted to meet the needs of your students and staff.|
State Specific Credit:
You may be eligible for professional development credit through your state. For state specific information, please visit http://www.ber.org/seminars/credit/ceus.cfm or call 1-800-735-3503.
University Credit Option:
Up to four graduate level professional development credits are available with an additional fee and completion of a follow-up practicum project. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at the institute.
SAVE with Group Discounts
The fee is $1395 per person.
If groups of three or more register at the same time, the fee is $1295 per person.
Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza
350 West Mart Center Drive • Chicago, IL 60654
Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza
350 West Mart Center Drive • Chicago, IL 60654
$165 (single/double) plus tax.
Book your overnight accommodations by June 5, 2017 to receive these special rates, based on availability. To make reservations, please call (855) 268-0372 between 7am-5pm CST and request the “National Train-the-Trainer Institute: Differentiated Instruction” group rate, or book online - click here.
Enjoy all that Chicago has to offer
The meeting site is within walking distance to some of the best restaurants, shopping, sightseeing, museums, and nightlife in downtown Chicago. Holiday Inn Chicago Mart Plaza is just minutes from the Chicago Loop and overlooks the Chicago River.
There’s no need to rent a car with so many attractions within walking distance. Airport shuttles are available from Chicago’s airports to the hotel site.