Midwest Conference for
Choose from 21 Strategy-Packed Conference Sessions, Including:
- The Best, Current Ideas for Incorporating RTI into Third, Fourth and Fifth Grades
- Innovative Ideas for Differentiating Learning for Struggling Students in Grades 3-5
- New Strategies for Managing Classrooms in Third, Fourth and Fifth Grades
- Powerful Ways to Motivate and Engage Students in Grades 3, 4 and 5 Using Student Data
- Research-Based Methods for Strengthening Vocabulary and Word Work in Third Through Fifth Grades
- Classroom-Proven Strategies for Enhancing Your Third Through Fifth Grade Students’ Performance in
- Geometry Measurement and Probability
- Exciting, New Approaches for Helping Your Students be More Productive Learners in Grades 3, 4, and 5
- Highly Practical Strategies for Accelerating Your Third Through Fifth Grade Students’ Writing Skills
- The Best, New Approaches for Enhancing the Comprehension Skills of Your Grades 3, 4, and 5 Students
- Amazing Methods for Teaching Multiplication in a Week and Division in a Day
- Outstanding Literacy Work Stations that Will Motivate and Reinforce Your Third, Fourth and Fifth Grade Students
- Constructive Ideas for Finding Time for Flexible Small Group Instructional Support
Uniquely Qualified Instructors
Jaime Bailey is a dynamic presenter but, first and foremost, she is a superb teacher with extensive third, fourth and fifth grade experience. Jaime has done extensive work in the areas of state standards and technology and has shared her outstanding ideas and activities with teachers in the United States and Canada. You’ll find Jaime’s sessions to be highly practical, down-to-earth and full of humor.
Dr. Mary Howard, the author of the best selling RTI from All Sides: What Every Teacher Needs to Know (2009, Heinemann) and Moving Forward with RTI (2010, Heinemann), is an outstanding presenter with almost 40 years of experience teaching reading and writing and is known throughout North America as a leading expert in literacy instruction. With extensive experience as a third, fourth and fifth grade teacher, reading specialist, reading consultant, and RTI coach, Mary understands the realities of helping children learn to read and write in any school setting. Mary continues to work with teachers and students as a reading coach creating instructional practices to maximize the school day. You’ll find Mary’s sessions to be full of energy and packed with highly practical strategies.
Mary Peterson is an enthusiastic teacher with years of experience teaching third, fourth and fifth graders. She is known for her highly motivating ideas and the practicality of her presentations. Mary is the author of two professional books from Scholastic: Extra Practice Math Centers: Addition, Subtraction and More (2007) and Extra Practice Math Centers: Multiplication, Division and More (2007). Mary presents sessions that are fast-paced, inspiring and, above all, practical. You will leave her sessions with a wealth of ideas, strategies and activities you can use immediately in your classroom.
What's Unique About This Conference
This conference has been designed to meet the specific needs of third, fourth and fifth grade teachers. Each session has been developed by the experienced third, fourth and fifth grade teacher who will present the session at the conference. The emphasis is on practical strategies and ideas that you can use immediately in your third, fourth and fifth grade classrooms.
|7:45 a.m. - 8:25 a.m||Registration|
|8:30 a.m. - 9:05 a.m.||Opening General Session|
|9:15 a.m. - 11:55 a.m.||Morning Sessions|
|11:55 a.m. - 1:05 p.m.||Lunch Break (on your own)|
|1:05 p.m. - 3:45 p.m.||Afternoon Sessions|
|Participants, please check in at the registration desk each day you attend.|
|8:00 a.m. - 8:30 a.m.||Registration|
|8:30 a.m. - 11:20 a.m.||Morning Sessions|
|11:20 a.m. - 12:35 p.m.||Lunch Break (on your own)|
|12:35 p.m. - 3:20 p.m||Afternoon Sessions|
Who Should Attend
Educators Serving Third, Fourth and Fifth Grades: Classroom Teachers, Multiage Teachers, Special Education Staff, Title I Staff, Instructional Assistants, Specialists who work with students in Third, Fourth and Fifth Grades, Curriculum Specialists, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
21 Outstanding Sessions
Choose from 21 highly practical sessions presented by outstanding third, fourth and fifth grade educators.]
Comprehensive Resource Handbook
You’ll receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this conference. Included in the handbook are all resource materials for ALL sessions, even those you don’t attend.
Materials on Display
On display will be resources valuable for teachers working with third, fourth and fifth grade students.
Opportunity to Meet and Share
The conference provides a great opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other third, fourth and fifth grade teachers. Bring a friend and meet new people!
Semester Credit Option
Graduate level professional development credit is available with an additional fee and completion of a follow-up practicum project. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at the seminar.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.