Developing an Outstanding KINDERGARTEN CLASSROOM:
Practical, Innovative Strategies for Strengthening the Quality of Your Kindergarten Program
Presented by Andy Baumgartner
Specifically Designed for KINDERGARTEN TEACHERS
Dozens of practical, highly effective ideas for strengthening your kindergarten classroom program
- Presented by nationally recognized kindergarten teacher, ANDY BAUMGARTNER
- Build a kindergarten classroom environment that promotes success for every kindergartner, encourages joyful learning and satisfying teaching
- Create a highly motivating kindergarten program that promotes your kindergartners’ academic growth through research-based, developmentally appropriate activities
- Proven tips for developing a classroom environment and behavioral management style that enhances the productivity of young learners
- Demonstrations, displays, samples of kindergartners’ work, and an extensive resource handbook geared just for KINDERGARTEN
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this exceptional seminar, award-winning kindergarten teacher Andy Baumgartner, a National Teacher of the Year, will share dozens of practical strategies for developing the key components of a high-quality kindergarten program. Andy will present proven ideas for differentiating classroom instruction, setting up a classroom environment to maximize learning, selecting and creating the most effective activities, and how to more effectively manage the diverse behaviors of young learners.
You’ll also acquire dozens of ideas for providing excitement and appropriate amounts of “rigor” for young learners, building better partnerships with parents and creating a highly motivating kindergarten classroom environment that promotes success for each learner. Through practical strategies and activities, Andy will show you how to meet high academic standards while offering a rich, developmentally appropriate program for your kindergartners.
You’ll leave this seminar inspired with a wide variety of practical ideas you’ll be able to use immediately to enhance your own kindergarten program.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
Learn from an Outstanding Kindergarten Teacher – National Teacher of the Year, ANDY BAUMGARTNER
This seminar is a unique opportunity to learn firsthand from Andy Baumgartner, one of the few kindergarten teachers to be recognized as National Teacher of the Year … With more than 30 years of experience working with young learners, Andy has insights that are both timely and highly practical
- Create an Exceptional Kindergarten Program
Discover new and innovative ideas for creating an outstanding kindergarten program that promotes success for each young learner
- Strengthen Organization and Behavior Management in the Kindergarten Classroom
Acquire practical, easy-to-implement ideas for scheduling, year-at-a-glance, achieving high teaching standards, and behavior management … Learn how to more effectively reduce undesirable student behaviors among kindergartners
- Develop the Essential Foundation for Literacy Success with Kindergartners
The key element for successful reading instruction is assuring the type of foundation on which real literacy achievement can be built … Discover child-centered and child-captivating activities that encourage worthwhile experimentation in reading and writing … Learn how to teach skills without “drill and kill”
- Utilize Motivating Music and Movement Activities that Teach
Discover practical, captivating ways to imbed music and movement throughout your kindergarten day … Excite kindergartners about learning, develop skills acquisition, enhance attending and listening skills, and positively use kindergartners’ “need to move” through music and movement activities that teach
- Discover Motivating Cross-Curriculum Activities for the Kindergarten Classroom
View and participate in a variety of highly effective, concrete learning activities that integrate skills from across the curriculum … You’ll learn engaging activities to use as lesson starters or for reinforcing and extending the math concepts you currently teach
- Meet Higher-Level State Standards While Still Attending to the Needs of the Whole Child
Learn how to meet state standards through engaging child-friendly activities
- Build an Enriched Teaching Repertoire with Developmentally-Appropriate and Research-Based Activities
Strengthen your curriculum by emphasizing socialization skills, the “Arts,” fine motor activities, and a “joy of learning” as fundamental components of kindergarten, not just “extras”
- Expand Your Kindergarten Teaching Tool Kit
Return to your kindergarten classroom with many ideas, activities and strategies that will enable your students to gain confidence in their abilities and accelerate their motivation for learning
- Receive an Extensive Kindergarten Resource Handbook
Each participant in this seminar will receive an extensive kindergarten resource handbook that includes descriptions of the lessons, strategies and activities presented during the seminar in addition to resource lists of materials to help make your kindergarten program the best it can be
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
New and innovative ideas for organizing and managing your kindergarten classroom for greater success
- Practical strategies that work for strengthening your classroom and behavior management skills with kindergartners
- A wide repertoire of motivating activities and materials that meet the needs of diverse young learners and make teaching enjoyable
- How to maximize large group instruction with kindergartners and reach a wide range of ability levels with multifunctional learning activities
- How to more effectively teach essential skills and meet standards in ways that are age appropriate and that keep the “joy of learning”
- Highly effective literacy activities that are child-centered and child-captivating
- A variety of motivating, concrete learning activities that integrate skills from across the curriculum – all proven successful in the kindergarten classroom
- How to build an outstanding kindergarten program that encourages the development of socialization skills while reinforcing reading, writing and math skills
- Tips for strengthening expressive writing and penmanship capabilities through research-based, developmentally appropriate instruction
- A variety of fun, interactive, easy-to-implement activities involving music and movement that will “hook” every kindergartner
- How to develop stronger partnerships with parents to better support instruction at home
- Create a kindergarten classroom that encourages risk taking, empowers children to learn and offers a safe and happy place for all
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
In 1999, I was named the National Teacher of the Year, which afforded me the wonderful opportunity of traveling our country and representing American teachers as an ambassador of education. During that time, I met and networked with thousands of teachers and visited hundreds of classrooms. My teaching repertoire more than doubled because of what I witnessed and learned during that adventure, and I look forward to sharing it all with you.
Each year since then I have been lucky enough to be able to spend time with various groups of educators … and kindergarten teachers are my favorite group. Like our students, we look for the adventure in each day, find excitement in the simplest of activities and celebrate the joys of learning! My kindergarten seminars, therefore, produce high levels of participation, energy and fun!
As a veteran kindergarten teacher, I have experienced firsthand the challenge that many kindergarten teachers feel today.
How can we meet the increased academic standards that are identified for our programs in ways that are still age appropriate and captivating for our students? I have dedicated a great deal of time designing activities and materials that can be used to meet standards that are enjoyable and appropriate for kindergartners. During this seminar, we will share these and other ways to remain true to a sound developmental philosophy and still adhere to the guidelines that govern our classrooms.
Come spend a day with me and other kindergarten teachers as we share ideas, participate in captivating activities and celebrate the joys of working with young children.
P.S. Bring plenty of memory space and a camera so you can take full advantage of the many practical ideas we will be sharing!
Who Should Attend
Specifically designed for Kindergarten Teachers, K-1 Teachers, Multiage Primary Teachers, Instructional Aides, Title I Staff Members, Special Education Staff, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
Each participant will receive an extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
a wealth of ideas to enhance your kindergarten program
- proven ideas for enriching and integrating your kindergarten curriculum
- hands-on, captivating activities to keep the “fun factor” in your kindergarten classroom while also maintaining high state standards
- effective organization and management ideas for the kindergarten classroom
Meet and Share
This seminar provides participants a great opportunity to meet and share ideas with other educators interested in strengthening their kindergarten program.
Andy Baumgartner will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions about the unique needs of your own kindergarten program.
Semester Credit Option
Graduate level professional development credit is available with an additional fee and completion of a follow-up practicum project. Details for direct enrollment with Brandman University, part of the Chapman University system, will be available at the seminar.
Meet Inservice Requirements
At the end of the program, each attendee will receive a certificate of participation that may be used to verify hours of participation in meeting continuing education requirements.