Practical Ideas for Strengthening the Early Literacy Skills of Your Pre-K Students
(Specifically Desgined for Pre-K Teachers)
Presented by Connie Wilkinson
Designed Specifically for Pre-K Teachers
- Dozens of phonological awareness and written language strategies to enhance the literacy development of four- and five-year olds
- Innovative, classroom-proven activities, songs, movement experiences, games, and teaching tips to meet the diverse needs of your Pre-K students
- Dynamic, fresh ideas for incorporating language/literacy activities into the daily routines of your Pre-K classroom
- Demonstrations, examples, video clips, modeling, and an extensive resource handbook packed with ready-to-use techniques, activities and ideas you can implement immediately in your own Pre-K classroom or program
Practical Ideas and Strategies
In this fast-paced, innovative seminar designed specifically for teachers of four- and five-year old Pre-K students, outstanding preschool teacher Connie Wilkinson will share dozens of practical ideas and proven strategies to enhance the language and literacy development of your Pre-K students. Participants will experience a wealth of classroom-proven activities, songs, movement experiences, games, and dynamic strategies for enhancing both the oral and written language development of young children.
You will discover dozens of “right back to your classroom” ideas for incorporating language/literacy activities into the daily routines of your classroom and you will take back multiple ideas for meeting the diverse literacy needs of your four- and five-year old Pre-K students. Throughout the day Connie will focus on practical tips for oral language development as well as innovative strategies, tools and techniques to build and enhance your four- and five-year olds’ emerging reading and writing skills in individual, small group and large group settings.
This seminar is designed specifically for teachers of four- and five-year old Pre-K students who are interested in learning exciting, easy-to-use methods to introduce, reinforce and enhance the literacy skills of every student. Through the use of videotapes of actual Pre‑K classrooms, demonstrations and the sharing of stimulating ideas, materials, tips, and games, you will leave this dynamic seminar with a wealth of ideas to motivate and challenge every student in your class.
Ten Key Benefits of Attending
- Maximize Your Pre-K Students’ Literacy Development
Enhance your literacy program with innovative activities, techniques, and dynamic experiences designed specifically for 4- and 5-year old students…Highly successful teacher-directed and student-directed literacy strategies that excite Pre-K students about reading and writing
- Discover Successful Ways to Support Phonemic Awareness
Gain a wealth of classroom-proven literacy activities that increase and reinforce children’s awareness of the differing sounds of language…How to strengthen your students’ understanding of sounds as the building blocks of words
- Use Powerful Read-Aloud Techniques and Best Books to Enhance Listening Skills and Excite Students About Reading
Highly successful ways to help Pre-K students develop and enhance active listening skills…Games, activities and innovative techniques that capture students’ enthusiasm about learning to read
- Enhance Literacy Skills Through Music, Games and Movement Activities
Learn quick techniques to reinforce and develop literacy components such as rhyming, sounds, syllabification, and word recognition…Discover how to use songs for highly effective transitions, for “shaking out the sillies” and to teach shapes, colors, letter names, and more
- Utilize Practical Tips to Build the Essential Foundations for Literacy Success
Return to your Pre-K classroom with a large variety of developmentally appropriate, engaging activities, lessons and helpful tips that facilitate the development of fundamental early and emerging reading skills
- Learn Key Strategies for Developing Appropriate Social Skills
Discover classroom-proven techniques to teach and reinforce positive social skills for 4- and 5-year olds…Tips to minimize undesirable student behavior and keep the focus on working cooperatively
- Use Proven Techniques to Incorporate Daily Writing into Your Program
Learn easy-to-implement strategies for incorporating writing into your classroom on a daily basis…How to use successful interactive writing techniques in a print-rich environment
- Build Strong Partnerships with Parents to Support Student Literacy Skills
Make best use of quick activities and proven ways to involve families in the literacy development of 4- and 5-year olds…From family‑produced books on tape to great books for home read-alouds – how to have parents and children buzzing with literacy excitement
- Create a Classroom Where All Children Can Learn
Discover practical ways to meet the diverse needs of your Pre-K students…Ideas to involve children in literacy activities that have maximum impact yet are sensitive to the demands on your time
- Ideas, Ideas and More Ideas – Specifically for Working with Pre-K Students!
Dozens of highly practical learning strategies, games, demonstrations, songs, and video clips to make your literacy program engaging and effective…Receive an extensive resource handbook designed specifically for this seminar
Outstanding Strategies You Can Use Immediately
- Innovative activities, techniques, and experiences using both oral and written language to stimulate children’s positive relationships with literacy
- Highly effective ways to create unique, class-made books that excite Pre-K students about reading and writing
- Dozens of songs, rhymes, chants, and poems that assist in developing young children’s language skills
- Fun, innovative ways to enhance the literacy development of four- and five-year olds – with video examples of authentic classroom activities
- Highly effective ways to use quick, ongoing, informal literacy assessments to guide your planning
- Easy techniques for creating songs with children to develop and reinforce rhyming ability, sound awareness, syllabification, and letter names
- Journaling ideas for Pre-K students that inspire their emergent writing skills
- How to meaningfully involve families in highly successful literacy activities
- Step-by-step ways to create and support a print-rich, stimulating Pre-K learning environment
- Classroom-proven, teacher-friendly ways to enhance the literacy development of all your students
- How to incorporate meaningful literacy experiences into children’s daily play
- Practical ways to create a Pre-K classroom where creativity and critical thinking skills are nurtured and respected
- Proven strategies to incorporate daily writing into your Pre-K classroom
- Outstanding literacy activities that increase and reinforce students’ phonemic awareness
- Quick and easy ways to involve family members in the literacy development of Pre-K students
- How to implement new, innovative literacy strategies on a daily basis
- Successful ways to develop listening skills through the use of games, activities and classroom techniques that really work
- A variety of effective interactive writing techniques to involve students in large group writing experiences
- How to use students’ personal audiotapes to chart classroom rules
- Step-by-step ways to create family-produced books on tape that foster excitement about literacy
- Proven tips to involve your 4- and 5-year olds in interactive, large group writing experiences
- Timesaving tips for creating a classroom where all students are involved in listening, speaking, reading, and writing
A Message From Your Seminar Leader
With so much current national emphasis on literacy, and with Pre-K students often in the spotlight, I am excited to be able to share many of the practical, innovative ideas and easy-to-make literacy activities that I’ve found to be highly successful in my years as a Pre-K teacher. I can promise you a fast-paced day, filled with outstanding teaching tools to meet the demands of your job as you motivate young children to learn to read and write.
Throughout the day, I will share new ideas, proven strategies and a wealth of activities you can use immediately in your own Pre-K classroom. In addition to dozens of “right back to your classroom ideas” from my own Pre-K teaching experience, I will share exceptional ideas I have learned from many other skilled teachers. My goal is to give you new ways to excite children about literacy and to meet the diverse needs of the 4- and 5-year olds we have in our classes.
From stimulating ways to support students’ phonological awareness to successful techniques for incorporating daily writing activities involving phonemic awareness into your program, from powerful read-aloud techniques to highly motivating ways to use music, games and movement activities – I will give you a variety of developmentally appropriate strategies to build the essential foundations for young children’s literacy success.
I will also share ways to teach and reinforce appropriate social skills to Pre-K students while creating a print-rich environment where children learn through play, singing and active involvement in a wide variety of engaging, motivating literacy activities. At the end of our day together, I want your own excitement about teaching to be validated and renewed and I want you to be eager to return to your classroom with new, exciting literacy ideas that you can implement with a minimum of time and preparation.
Please join me for an exciting day filled with ideas you can use immediately.
P.S. Again, the focus of our day together will not be on theory but on practical strategies and ideas that are designed specifically for Pre-K teachers.
Who Should Attend
Educators working with 4- and 5-year old students in Pre-K programs: Classroom Teachers, Special Education Staff, Paraprofessionals, and Administrators.
Special Benefits of Attending
Extensive Resource Handbook
You will receive the extensive resource handbook specifically designed for this seminar. Included in the handbook are:
- Dozens of activities, strategies, tools, and examples to enhance the literacy development of 4- and 5-year olds
- Proven techniques to incorporate language/literacy activities into the daily routines of your Pre-K classroom
- Creative suggestions for using songs, rhymes, verse, and music to teach shapes, colors, letter names, and more
- Innovative techniques for incorporating daily writing activities into your Pre-K classroom
- Lists of best books and successful read-aloud techniques to excite students about reading
- Many fun and easy-to-implement strategies for accommodating the diverse literacy needs of students in your Pre-K classroom
Meet and Share
This seminar provides a wonderful opportunity for participants to meet and share ideas with other Pre-K educators seeking practical ideas for strengthening the literacy skills of 4- and 5-year olds.
Connie Wilkinson will be available at the seminar for consultation regarding your questions and the unique needs of your own Pre-K program.
On-Site Training Guarantee
BER is not a booking agency that just finds a presenter who presents on the topic you requested. Rather, we only recommend highly experienced BER presenters who have consistently received outstanding evaluations from educators attending their trainings.
Consequently, we provide a strong program guarantee.
We guarantee you’ll be fully satisfied or you’ll owe us nothing after your on-site training event.